'klik' Games For Gp32

Hanz™ posted on Mar 17 2005 at 06:39 PM said:
mr twit posted on Mar 17 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
OH
MY
GOD!
If this actually comes out, I will be in absolute heaven. I love MMF.
I was going to swap my GP for a Zodiac, but now I'm gonna keep both just in case this ever does come out.
Yes, it appears everyone who commented on The Daily Click is an idiot. They seem to think the GP32 hasn't come out yet.

Though to be honest, I really doubt this will ever come out. Even if they could port them, MMF games take an incredible amount of power. Even on my 2.7 ghz PC, it takes about 80% CPU.
But if this actually comes out....
BTW 80% CPU does not sound right.
The Games Factory and Klik and play used to run fine on my old Pc 266mhz.
MMF can't be that much more resource-grabbing.

The games are always very fast in low res mode. Even back when the first klik n play came out they usually had 640x480 window sizes (or something), and the PCs back then were nothing like they are now - yet still ran comfortably. And this was the time when most games had to be run in dos for the extra speed, and still all klik games have always ran in windows in the past.

It can be slow when people use lots of massive sprites that's all. Games made for the GP32 shouldn't have a problem if the FXE saving is done well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanz™ posted on Mar 17 2005 at 06:39 PM said:
mr twit posted on Mar 17 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
OH
MY
GOD!
If this actually comes out, I will be in absolute heaven. I love MMF.
I was going to swap my GP for a Zodiac, but now I'm gonna keep both just in case this ever does come out.
Yes, it appears everyone who commented on The Daily Click is an idiot. They seem to think the GP32 hasn't come out yet.

Though to be honest, I really doubt this will ever come out. Even if they could port them, MMF games take an incredible amount of power. Even on my 2.7 ghz PC, it takes about 80% CPU.
But if this actually comes out....
BTW 80% CPU does not sound right.
The Games Factory and Klik and play used to run fine on my old Pc 266mhz.
MMF can't be that much more resource-grabbing.

I checked on some forums and aparently it doesn't actually need that much CPU, but MMF automatically grabs as much of the CPU as is free, so if you have no other programs running it will take about 99% CPU, with other programs running, it will take whatever's left.
There are extensions to make it take less though.
But presumably MMF2 won't have this problem anyway.

He`s probably got a celeron. laugh.gif
Pentium 4 bizhatch :p

Somehow I don't believe this news is true.

Mainly because I once contacted ClickTeam about supporting the MacIntosh (I don't personally use Macs, it was a work related reason for me) and they politely explained that there just wasn't enough of a market for them to make Mac versions of their software.

Now, as small as the Mac market may be, the GP32 market is far smaller. So why spend time supporting the GP32?

Of course we're just talking about a converter and some sort of run-time package for the GP32 to support MMF files. Certainly not beyond the scope of a GP32 hobbyist within ClickTeam to pull off on his own time. So it's possible.

Still, it's something I'll believe when I see it. It certainly would be wonderful.

If it is true, then hey - we need portable MMF runtimes and file converters for lots of other platforms too! PPC, PalmOS etc.

I read some of thier comments

"The Buttons are in the wrong place"

"They use SD cards"

"why isn't it popular is it's better then the GBA"

Great news, I'm started to feel a bit sorry for Pirotic though

trooper posted on Mar 17 2005 at 08:00 PM said:
GP32MAD posted on Mar 17 2005 at 07:53 PM said:
Woohoo! full SONIC games on GP32 YEAH!

:blink:

MegaDrive emulator is in the other tread. :rolleyes:

Trooper
Well, there's a really good game called "Sonic Madventure", which I'd love to play on my GP32...

Prophet posted on Mar 17 2005 at 09:05 PM said:
Somehow I don't believe this news is true.

Mainly because I once contacted ClickTeam about supporting the MacIntosh (I don't personally use Macs, it was a work related reason for me) and they politely explained that there just wasn't enough of a market for them to make Mac versions of their software.

Now, as small as the Mac market may be, the GP32 market is far smaller. So why spend time supporting the GP32?

Of course we're just talking about a converter and some sort of run-time package for the GP32 to support MMF files. Certainly not beyond the scope of a GP32 hobbyist within ClickTeam to pull off on his own time. So it's possible.

Still, it's something I'll believe when I see it. It certainly would be wonderful.

If it is true, then hey - we need portable MMF runtimes and file converters for lots of other platforms too! PPC, PalmOS etc.

Well to support Macs they would need to make an entirely new program, whereas to support GP32 they just have to make it compile into an fxe, surely that can't be very difficult?

I get the feeling too that this is totally bogus. Why would they support a system with such a small base? It doesn't make any sense. I would be less surprised to hear it being developed for the PPC as they have large RAM and 600 MHz CPUs, and are much more popular.

I didn't see anything on the site about it either. It is bogus "news" guys.

markusdragon posted on Mar 17 2005 at 11:49 PM said:
Dammit, now my reasons to buy Multimedia Fusion outweigh my reasons not to. Goddamned logic, always screwing me out of money...

$99 is seriously overpriced :angry:

It is likely FAKE NEWS so you won't have to buy anything ;)

DaveC posted on Mar 17 2005 at 06:40 PM said:
markusdragon posted on Mar 17 2005 at 11:49 PM said:
Dammit, now my reasons to buy Multimedia Fusion outweigh my reasons not to. Goddamned logic, always screwing me out of money...

$99 is seriously overpriced :angry:

It is likely FAKE NEWS so you won't have to buy anything ;)

I love how some people talk themselves into something and then try to convince everyone else to make themselves feel better. <_<

Here is the message from their site:

"Wicked Studios had a talk with Jeff from clickteam. He told him that in the near future clickteam might consider releasing a program that can convert mmf files into .fxe files. Meaning they will be able to run on the portable GP32 system! The Game Park 32 system is a handheld gaming console with MP3 and optional movie-playing capabilities. And is several times more powerful than the GBA. Jeff say's that they should release it once mmf 2 is stable enough. That's certainly is good news folks! I can't wait to bring some click games with me for on the road!"

Might consider releasing? I wonder why the lack of certainty there. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Is it as simple as converting a file? I would think that you would have to edit it first to meet the memory and resolution constraints of the GP32.

To all those who don't believe:
I wrote an eMail to info@clickteam.com (the official site) and got the following reply:

"Hi,
Yes we plan to look into doing this after MMF2 is released.
I can't promise we will be able to but we will try.

We are not porting the authoring program -- Just the runtime.
So games created with MMF can run under the Game Park system.

Thanks,
Jeff"

So, it's official and no fake :)

EvilDragon posted on Mar 19 2005 at 12:43 AM said:
To all those who don't believe:
I wrote an eMail to info@clickteam.com (the official site) and got the following reply:

"Hi,
Yes we plan to look into doing this after MMF2 is released.
I can't promise we will be able to but we will try.

We are not porting the authoring program -- Just the runtime.
So games created with MMF can run under the Game Park system.

Thanks,
Jeff"

So, it's official and no fake :)
This is so awesome then.
Probably the best news I have heard since Genesis emulation if this happens.
I wonder what will happen with resolutions higher than 320*240 though?

"Yes we plan to look into doing this after MMF2 is released.
I can't promise we will be able to but we will try"

Plan to look into? Try?

I guess that is a "defininite maybe" then ;)

Back