Release Kof (King Of Fighters) On Pandora

mth411

King Of Fighters on Pandora (Fan-Remake).
kofv5_01.png

kofv5_00.png

Just a quick Pandora port of a great fan remake of the KOF Flames of Courage from sites.google.com/site/egstudiogamesen/kof-flames-of-courage-v5

It runs really well, uses correct button mapping, and looks awesome. Start button (or enter) to select in menus, Select is used to go back in menus, Q is to quit.

This uses the bennu game engine (ported to Pandora by stuckie).

Download here:
dl.openhandhelds.org

Testet the Game onto my PC and I have to say: DAMN its pretty hard! :blink: I'm not sure if i'm just a little bit rusted but I remember playing the original KoF Games was more easy, at least at the beginning. This game seems to be a little bit hardcore adjusted or maybe I'm doing something wrong. ^^"" It was hard with my SF4 Tournament Arcade Stick, I wonder if it plays better onto the Pandora but I don't have my Handheld yet.
And I miss a fighting AI opponent in Training mode but the rest of the Game is niceley made, good KoF feeling. :)

sixela said:
Can't get past the coin screen.
HELP?
:blink:

I also cant get past the 'Push 1p or 2p button' attract screen. Looking forward to this though and many thanks for porting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone who owns a pandora successfully gotten past the start screen (or for that matter played through the game) on their device?

I was the one who ported it, and tested it on both HotFix4 and HotFix5 on my pandora, with a clean install.

Try using the enter key instead of the start key, and post feedback.

If there is a problem, I can fix it, but only if someone lets me know.

Chaser said:
sixela said:
Can't get past the coin screen.
HELP?
:blink:

I also cant get past the 'Push 1p or 2p button' attract screen. Looking forward to this though and many thanks for porting it.

Same here. Can't get passed the screen, Only thing that works for me is "Q" to quit.

Hopefully when mth411 has some time he can look into this. Weird it works fine upon clean installs, you'd think it was perhaps a missing item he would have added to his machine that makes ours not work. Really looking forward to this though so thanks again for the port mth411 :)

Chaser said:
Hopefully when mth411 has some time he can look into this. Weird it works fine upon clean installs, you'd think it was perhaps a missing item he would have added to his machine that makes ours not work. Really looking forward to this though so thanks again for the port mth411 :)

Now I got it to work, didn't do anything for it to work, strange. All I know is that im running a higher clockspeed right now. Pressed Enter like I did before.

Hmm, hotfix 5 defaults to 600MHz, where I think HF4 was 500. I might try a lower clockspeed, see if it stops working.

I was surprised there was so little feedback on this game, there were 300 downloads of it. I figured it was just overlooked.

Right I've figured it out now, for me at least. I have a bust left nub, so its set to joystick mode. If its reset to default the game accepts the enter key and voila, works at any OC speed. Reset the nub back to joystick and it hangs at the attract screen again.

Thank you very much, this is awesome :)

the feedback is probably so low in comparison to the downloads because 40% of the people haven't gotten around to playing and another 55% haven't stopped... :p

This game truly kicks ass. I play this non stop on my pandy and love how hard it is.

still haven't beaten the first guy haha

Back