LCD backlight is dead

• Thread starter PanPan is blind
  • Start date

P

PanPan is blind

Howdy! I've got a rebirth, and the backlight died on me, is there any replacement parts or solutions anyone has? Many thanks :)

Hi,

as you have a Rebirth you might even have a warranty that covers the issue otherwise replacements for the display are on sale. Either way it is best to contact the service beforehand, they will help you with either a replacement on warranty or a new Display.

Check out this post on the Blog for a nice "howto" on what's the best way to return a unit :)

http://pandoralive.info/?p=924

The RMA-Sheet is also linked.

otherwise replacements for the display are on sale.
Also might be the LCD-cable if it got damaged.

I wouldn't advice you to buy an expensive screen as long as you're not sure that it's broken.

Check out this post on the Blog for a nice "howto" on what's the best way to return a unit :) http://pandoralive.info/?p=924
Nice.

At least there's someone who remembers my article :) .

BTW: It didn't help much.

I still get lots of Pandoras with battery inside.

Pleas don't put the battery inside the Pandora as it drains all power and the battery might take 15 minutes to gain enough power to boot the Pandora.

There's no need to fear we might have no battery for testing your Pandora. We have hundreds of them ;) .

Excellent! I will try a ribbon cable deal, much thanks Askarus for the suggestion, and thanks Jottt! 

I've been looking for possible replacement devices in the event that pan-pan can't wake up, and the pocket sized clamshell pda market seems pretty slim these days... :/

Just or the record, I did not want to urge you tu buy an expensive new display, thats why I said, contact the tech support first ;) But as always over here...the tech support (Askarus) is quicker to find you than other way round ;)

@ Askarus

Pity it does not help :( I know that all to well even with textes sent by email in reply to "How should I return XY?" They *still* manage to not read it properly. ;) I am happy that I left customer support long ago :p

Especially with batteries it's even more of an issue as mailing Li-Ion is not always free of hassles (and maybe not always legal?).

Back