Leapfrog Didj Homebrew

elan said:
Any news? :eek:
XDcartrige<<???
LeapFrog is stonewalling on the release of the source. i've kind of put hacking on the didj on hold for a couple of weeks while i finish some other projects and wait for some news from either LeapFrog or the SFLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nightwheel said:
Any new news on this?
none directly from leapfrog. i got word that SFLC is working on it. i was able to identify the process. i've got the jtag and uart identified onboard, just haven't had time to post any info on the wiki.

Ok I got a question.

Has anyone even taken a look at Leapfrogs's Leapster 2 handheld system? And checked to see if it too is running Linux? I mean, It has the same internet connectability as the Didj. But it does have a lower price point at around $70. ($69.99 price tag to be precise.) And maybe has 2 button less than the Didj. But unlike the Didj, the Leapster 2 has a touch screen.

Official Site:
http://www.leapfrog.com/gaming/leapster2/

Picture of the Leapster 2:
LeapFrog_Leapster_2.jpg

Would you honestly feel comfortable using that? It does look easy on the hands, but still :p

Alex. said:
Would you honestly feel comfortable using that? It does look easy on the hands, but still :p
If I had one and I was running homebrew on it. Then yes I would.

Also, when are we going to see some homebrew games and app for the Didj. Or ports of games and apps for the Didj. I mean we have the source now. I see no reason now that no one has started yet?

Alex. said:

I think you'll get some funny looks if you were playing on that console using public transport as it is clearly for young children. Will be cool to have it open as the GP2X consoles and put whatever on it. Does it have a SD card slot? I'm guess NOT..... :huh:

hey all,
I've just recently started to look into the Didj, I first spotted it at Target, I must say, for 320x240 resolution, the screen isn't really that bad. I too was looking into hacking a basic linux OS into it to allow the use for emulation. I scanned around the web and noticed, despite it being on the market for quite some time, there is little support on it despite it being open source. I'd REALLY love to see a complete linux GUI in it for loading emulators on to. I did, however, see this website for step by step instructions on loading a linux OS onto the didj.

here:
http://www.elinux.org/Didj_How_to_Extract_Files

The website was created by a user in this forum, so I thank him for making the didj forum very much!
Has anyone else tried this kernel on the didj? I'm looking into getting one because of its wide availability and 3D openGL processing as well as its fast ARM processor.

Thanks!

RET said:
hey all,
I've just recently started to look into the Didj, I first spotted it at Target, I must say, for 320x240 resolution, the screen isn't really that bad. I too was looking into hacking a basic linux OS into it to allow the use for emulation. I scanned around the web and noticed, despite it being on the market for quite some time, there is little support on it despite it being open source. I'd REALLY love to see a complete linux GUI in it for loading emulators on to. I did, however, see this website for step by step instructions on loading a linux OS onto the didj.

here:
http://www.elinux.org/Didj_How_to_Extract_Files

The website was created by a user in this forum, so I thank him for making the didj forum very much!
Has anyone else tried this kernel on the didj? I'm looking into getting one because of its wide availability and 3D openGL processing as well as its fast ARM processor.

Thanks!

Uhh dude, there is no need to port Linux to the Didj. It has bee been found out since then it run's linux. And uses a GUI, which I like how it works. (I had a chance to give the Didj a test run at my local Walmart)

I'm thinking homebrew should be pretty easy - it's designed to be hooked up to a computer and updated.

Back