Left nub broken?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
My left nub seems to have a problem. Every once in a while when I let go of it it moves the cursor continuously in a random direction. It has no variation when moving to the left, moving it any amount to the left causes the cursor to move at full speed instantly. Checking using Pandora input tester, it seems the left mode has NO dead zone. When I even touch it, the input tester's little blue dot jiggles around randomly.

I have a 1Ghz Pandora I got from Ithic.com less than a year ago, hopefully if there's no software fix for this my warranty's still in effect.

I did. I didn't see a setting for deadzone, or for actual mouse sensitivity in the nubs settings. There were settings for scroll sensitivity, but that's not for the cursor I don't think. Resetting it to zero didn't help anyway. In any case, it just started doing this a while back, I never noticed it before and I've never changed the settings. I'm worried the nub might be worn out already.

Reset nubs improved it a little, but it still has a tiny deadzone compared to the right nub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried heavy circling and moving left/right up/down fast and hard for a minute? That often fixes it - especially if it's just a bit of dirt inside of the nub.

I had a lot of problems with that when I first got my 1Ghz.. It seems over the time of several months it finally broke in and I haven't had any Nub issues like that in a long time.

I have a problem with my just arriverd 1GHz Pandora: the right nub looks broken, it is not responding good, and sometimes the sensor moves in a random direction, like the one of Silent Hunter. My Pandora is brand-new, got it just today from Dragonbox Shop. How can I reset the setting of the nubs and their sensitivity? I want to try before the rma...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I menaged to reset and calibrate the nubs, but... The left one is perfect, tre right one is always the same, is not working fine. With the left one I can draw perfect circles, wit the right one is impossible, Even the feeling is different, the right one feels defective. Do I have to send back my Pandora to Germany? :(

Heavily move it around in circles and do hard and fast up/down left/right movements for about half a minute. Reset the nubs afterwards and retry. It should get better. Repeat until it works.

It's most likely a bit of dirt that got in. We managed to fix almost every nub that had that issue like that.

Oh, and try to push down the case around the nub as well. It could be it hits it.

Thanks ED, It's slowly getting better. When I push down the case around the nub looks like nothing happens becouse the case is very strong, but moving the nub up/down left/right is slowly fixing the issue. If if persists can I try to use some compressed air? Should it be effective from the outside of Pandora?

Ps: when I open the Pandora Input-Tester the right nub is still inaccurate and tends to not go completly uo or down ans sometimes it "jumps" left/right randomly. Should I go on trying? I am a little afraid becouse the price of the Pandora is about a month of work for me, and I do not want to damage it...

Thanks ED, It's slowly getting better. When I push down the case around the nub looks like nothing happens becouse the case is very strong, but moving the nub up/down left/right is slowly fixing the issue. If if persists can I try to use some compressed air? Should it be effective from the outside of Pandora?
Compressed air probably doesn't work, but you can try as long as it's no spray which has some liquid to create that air.

Usually, it fixes the issue after a while, you just need a bit of patience.

Ps: when I open the Pandora Input-Tester the right nub is still inaccurate and tends to not go completly uo or down ans sometimes it "jumps" left/right randomly. Should I go on trying? I am a little afraid becouse the price of the Pandora is about a month of work for me, and I do not want to damage it...
That's normal, those jumps are filtered out in real use :)

And don't worry, if this won't fix the nub, it'll be replaced within warranty.

But it usually saves you the time to ship it back :)

Looks like it's working fine now, just sometimes i need to move it up/down left/right to move the remaining dust. But I'm playng Open Arena and it feels good, so we may say that it is solved for me :) Thanks EvilDragon, I'm proud of my signed wooden box ;)

Back