Legends Of Idhuriel: New Video And Character Image.

Gadget posted on Oct 2 2006 at 10:37 PM said:
ralp99 posted on Oct 2 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
it is not unusual for many professional games to use textured 3D models and render them out for use as 2D animated bitmaps.

True, there are many 2d isometric games out there that have been rendered using LW, 3DS, Maya etc. The problem can be getting the rendered output into 2d libs.

I read a cracking article by the Diablo 2 dev team, they produced their own renderer to take 3DS models and output directly into their 2D image libs, at all 16 directions.

It would be no problem at all to set up a system to render the 3d models however they wanted them, in whatever format they needed...

Last edited by a moderator:
looks great!
Two suggestions:
make him always run
make it in english!!!

looks very promising hope you start soon on the actual game (fighting etc.) so we can test it!

Is there like a cult where I can worship you?

Haha...earlier when the Salvaria video was released I was like "hmm, he must have changed the name of the game". Well, I guess I get a sign.

for those of you that didn't get that, I thought Salvaria was Legends of Idhuriel.

Wowww. Is this game commercial? If so, how much will it be.

This game elevates the GP2X to the PSP FTW.

It does look like something you would get on ps2, or even ps3(if a developer decided he liked isometric and got the the ps3 to render, rather than prerenders of course)

STTrife posted on Oct 2 2006 at 11:08 PM said:
looks great!
Two suggestions:
make him always run
make it in english!!!

looks very promising hope you start soon on the actual game (fighting etc.) so we can test it!
The first suggestion is so good, P.E.: the character can always be running outside villages and walking/running inside villages.
The second one is so lame. Please, ignore it l_draven, We, spanish people, have to learn english, and you can make english people to learn spanish. LOL
Just kidding. But since its made with fenix the game would be easy to translate.

Would be great to have separate language files so people can translate the game to different languages them self.

mrsnature posted on Oct 2 2006 at 11:30 PM said:
Gadget posted on Oct 2 2006 at 10:37 PM said:
ralp99 posted on Oct 2 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
it is not unusual for many professional games to use textured 3D models and render them out for use as 2D animated bitmaps.

True, there are many 2d isometric games out there that have been rendered using LW, 3DS, Maya etc. The problem can be getting the rendered output into 2d libs.

I read a cracking article by the Diablo 2 dev team, they produced their own renderer to take 3DS models and output directly into their 2D image libs, at all 16 directions.

It would be no problem at all to set up a system to render the 3d models however they wanted them, in whatever format they needed...

That's not what I meant. They built their own renderer which outputted directly into proprietary image libraries. I realise you can set LW or 3DS to output all the frames at all the angles etc, but it can be a lot of messing about. And then you need to load the images (in the correct order etc) and in some cases change the background colour. Automating that into a single exe that loads a model, renders it at all the angles, for all the animations, trims every frame down to the exact minimum and stores the offset adjustment, changes the background colour, and outputs everything into a single file...

I have my own routine that does all of that except the rendering =/ I haven't spent any time getting involved in 3D yet. I guess I need to ditch DirectDraw and SDL sooner or later. Certainly nice to see psuedo 3D engines on the GP2X.

Back