Lenovo - WTF?

Fake news! There are no orange LEDs on the Pyra as far as I know. All LEDs on the Pyra except for the keyboard backlight (which is white - we might all be leet hackers but we don't need to show it) are RGB, so if they show orange they're actually showing the red built in LED at a higher level than the green LED.

Come again?

I can't remember what I was responding to almost a month ago, I'm afraid, especially as it wasn't there when I went back to see exactly what it said, suggesting I only had a vague idea about it at the time.

I have a tinfoil hat somewhere you can borrow if you want ;)

It may or may not have had to do with [Personal slur, excised by Binky]

Still my money is on cell phone use being a direct cause of preventable soft tissue pathologies: cancer and wrist injuries and premature births and perhaps autoimmune disease as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep it civil, please!
You're welcome to defend your opinions, but not to attack other forum members.

Of being censored for alleged rule violations without recourse or for not being submissive?

With all due respect and not an iota more, was what I wrote a personal slur? My dick it was. Would you enlighten as to what rule my last post allegedly broke? Are you just offended by reading the word 'dick'? I'm assuming good faith in asking, as I would like to believe you guys are actually following your own stipulated rules and not just censoring/taking offense at a word. FWIW I read the rules before posting, and I was pleased: what you censored was neither personal attack nor any slur that I have heard of.

and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence...

Yeah and the only claim that I can see is that my opinion equals that cell phone radiation causes the maladies referenced. Hence if you're trying to say that the burden of proof is on me to substantiate the causitive link between, for example, between cell phones and cancer, I made no such claim and asserted only opinion. I find the idea of presuming otherwise to be retarded.

Edit:
Rules said:
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.

Unaccountable doesn't mean right.

Last edited:
Does mean that griping about it is rather worthless though.

From the references which you edited out, that NTP study is interesting. It seems to show a link between carcinomas and massive doses of non-ionising radiation, which is odd and doesn't fit the theory. Here's CNNs take: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/02/health/cell-phone-radiation-cancer-nih-study-bn/index.html

However, I'll take two quotes from that personally:
He [one of the authors of the report] added, "I have not changed the way I use a cell phone."
and
The researchers also found that the male rats in the high-exposure group appeared to live longer than the other rats, but more research is needed to determine why and how that may be relevant to the study results.

Still, I fully expect other labs to be trying to reproduce this result pretty much stat.

With all due respect and not an iota more, was what I wrote a personal slur? My dick it was. Would you enlighten as to what rule my last post allegedly broke? Are you just offended by reading the word 'dick'? I'm assuming good faith in asking, as I would like to believe you guys are actually following your own stipulated rules and not just censoring/taking offense at a word.

To clarify, the problem is not that I'm personally offended, nor that there's a ban on uncouth language. The problem (and I struggle to understand why this needs saying) is with graphic insults being aimed at other people. This is a privately operated site without any sort of monopoly on communications. That makes it more akin to a café than a soapbox on the corner of Hyde Park. You don't go into cafés and make crude sexual metaphors about the other patrons, do you?

Unaccountable doesn't mean right.
If you're not satisfied with the conduct of any specific moderator here, you can raise a report, and bring it to the attention of other moderators. If you're still not happy, you can contact ED, who pays the bills that keep this server running. This server exists in Germany, making it subject to German law, which may be subject to scrutiny by various international courts. Who's unaccountable?

Prometheus (remember her?) put an entry in the rules saying you shouldn't post anything you wouldn't want your grandmother to see. Perhaps we should bring that back...

Yeah and the only claim that I can see is that my opinion equals that cell phone radiation causes the maladies referenced. Hence if you're trying to say that the burden of proof is on me to substantiate the causitive link between, for example, between cell phones and cancer, I made no such claim and asserted only opinion. I find the idea of presuming otherwise to be retarded.

here's an opinion. "unsweetened dried mango is the best dried fruit ever."
(which it is.)

here's not an opinion: "cell phone use causes cancer."
that's an empirically testable hypothesis. and it's an extreme claim, which should require loads of evidence. unfortunately, there is barely any (a few unconvincing results), despite many (billions now?) people using cell phones.

you are welcome to your own opinions, but not your own facts...

Back