Let it be known that I am now starting a pool for a Final Burn Alpha port

THREAD RESURRECTION

Its disappointing that despite this is has the largest pot in the bounty, we have yet to see one developer respond to it. :(

Edit: Woops it isnt the largest after all. I forgot about the Android bounty.

Last edited by a moderator:
well first you need to find a dev that either cares abotu fba, or is desperate for the cash

then pursuade them using some rather horrible code is worth it :p
I highly doubt that the measly amount of money offered by these bounties will sway many developers unless they are really desperate for cash.

What about Raine? That plays a lot of the same games; would anyone take Raine instead of FBA? It seems to play a lot of the major games, but not all; CPS2 for instance is available, but CPS3 is not. There IS a recent Linux version, though. Full list of games here. I'm not changing anything yet, I'm just getting opinions all around.

I highly doubt that the measly amount of money offered by these bounties will sway many developers unless they are really desperate for cash.

exactly, it pursuaded me far enough to take a quick look, but i'm not a big enough fba fan to bother with it, and from a purely money standpoint, it's not much given the time needed to get it going

Anybody? Would you take Raine instead? I might, but I don't want to change the whole thread around. Raine seems a more likely candidate for a port.

i threw fba2x at a compiler over the weekend, apart from gp2x specific init/deinit and joystick code, there's some problems with eabi symbols not being found (i'm assuming it's got an asm core somewhere)

it's not the newest, but i don't care :D

Maybe I'll give you $10 or something, all depending. But still, looking forward!

i'm not looking for cash just so y'all know, i'll accept any donations, but it's very rare i ever complete a project to a decent point

just felt like throwing my head into some ugly code and most probably ending up with somethign that half works

(something rather huge has also come up at work recently, so don't expect anything for a good few months at least)

Anyone given thought to the Dingux A320 port of FBA? Seen Tom got Arkanoid and Mr. Drillux, how big of a tackle is this?

Anyone given thought to the Dingux A320 port of FBA? Seen Tom got Arkanoid and Mr. Drillux, how big of a tackle is this?
That's a port of fba2x merged with the asm from the PSP, original gp2x version is closer as its arm (can probably Ginger it alright tbh)

ah, there are bits that'll need a full rewrite

all the graphics and joystick code is 2x specific, along with wherever the asm is, as that's for whatever version of arm that is, not armv7

Raine also contains assembly code, and the code is written for x86 based chips. That would probably be even more work than porting the GP2X version of FBA, but perhaps less than the current version of FBA for x86 (I haven't looked at that code).

But it DOES have a Linux port, so wouldn't that facilitate things a bit?

Yes, that would mean that for Raine you would mostly just have to rewrite the assembly code (possibly a couple of other tweaks), whereas with the current version of FBA you would also have to replace code to remove its dependency on Direct3D and perhaps other things. Porting Raine would be more like trying to port the SDL version of FBA, which is a few years old. The GP2X version of FBA, though, would still most likely be easier than Raine. I'm not familiar with how different the assembly code for different versions of the ARM processor is.

I'm not familiar with how different the assembly code for different versions of the ARM processor is.

not that different as it's a risc architecture, so it follows the basic system they all do, not like x86/similar with its 500 odd pages of instructions

really haven't looked at that bit in fba2x yet, but it looks like it's split into functions to handle the instructions (as the missing symbols are '__aebi_swp...' or similar, might just be missing something really obvious)

Back