Let it be known that I am now starting a pool for a Final Burn Alpha port

Money for emus is always a bad idea =/

What about the people that put in hard work on something else? Do they either do projects behind the scenes and wait for someone to offer a bounty? Or do they not bother at all until a bounty comes up? What happens if one dev gets it working 70 percent and another picks it up to a 100?

A better plan would be to find some devs you appreciate the work of and chuck them a few quid as donations then put a request in the request page for FBA

Devs dont feel they are forced to work for money and it means they can do the first 10 percent upload and let others have a try.

Jus' saying.

Would you feel better if it was called a "contest" instead?

Seriously though, if this is what the community wants, then I don't see a problem with this. I see it as an up-front "thank you" to whomever picks up the task.

Last edited by a moderator:
20 bones (u.s.)

*above all else high cps1, cps2, and neo-geo rom compatibility.

*cps3

*netplay

*cheats

*save states

*external controls specifically trackballs n spinners

*roms sorted by system

*allow "gamename".txt to be displayed on the pause screen for moves lists, walkthroughs, etc. or some similar implementation

*a brief description of what each option does trailing after the option for the pause and settings menues

20 of my great british pounds if it prints money

Both added!

Blue, I think gfrancisdev's pledge was a sarcastic one - no way you're gonna get the pandora printing money.

actually i'm dead serious, if the port of fb will print money i will give the person that does it 20 quid :)

obviously if anyone does make it print money they deserve more, but that's all i can afford as a student

actually i'm dead serious, if the port of fb will print money i will give the person that does it 20 quid :)

obviously if anyone does make it print money they deserve more, but that's all i can afford as a student

Uhm, wait. If it prints money then you could make whatever amount was asked for then! As long as you promise to pay AFTER receiving the emulator, of course. :lol:

Now I'm imagining a money button that displays images of different currencies once pressed. After all it wasn't spelled out "prints on paper" so printing on screen would suffice right? LOL

Uhm, wait. If it prints money then you could make whatever amount was asked for then! As long as you promise to pay AFTER receiving the emulator, of course. :lol:

Now I'm imagining a money button that displays images of different currencies once pressed. After all it wasn't spelled out "prints on paper" so printing on screen would suffice right? LOL

print means inked on something, printing to a display is displaying

but no i am serious, so if anyone finds a way to make a final burn port print money in some form (may be fake, but has to be a solid object) i will pay them

After all that's gone on in this thread, I've decided to throw an idea out there, and should it happen, I would be happy to increase my pledge to a case of choice from my shop to each TEAM member who accomplishes a joint effort of getting a kickass Final Burn Alpha port.

BOOM!

After all that's gone on in this thread, I've decided to throw an idea out there, and should it happen, I would be happy to increase my pledge to a case of choice from my shop to each TEAM member who accomplishes a joint effort of getting a kickass Final Burn Alpha port.

BOOM!

Added!

You should make a running total in both USD and EUR of all of the donations. It's like $800 USD right? I think it will be better and attract more people because the number looks bigger that way.

You should make a running total in both USD and EUR of all of the donations. It's like $800 USD right? I think it will be better and attract more people because the number looks bigger that way.

I am. Read the first post. And no, we're not up to $800.

I am. Read the first post. And no, we're not up to $800.
I think he was adding all of the values together, not accepting them as seperate translations of the same pool into various currencies.

I'd be very reluctant to donate any cash until I've tested the emulator myself - I got burned by ZodTTD when he took over GPSP; he (and others) raved about fullspeed GBA emulation on the GP2X, so I donated and got an emulator that barely ran at 100% with serious overclock and wouldn't play very many of the games I wanted it for. So not going down that route again!

However, if someone does start on Final-Burn can we please make sure it supports the basics before we go all CPS and shit? I'm talking about Outrun, Afterburner I+II, Rail Chase, Thunder Blade et al. In fact, just an emulator for those ROMs would do me nicely... Maybe CPS too, but I'm not at all bothered about CPS2/3 as there were no decent games released for that hardware. :p

D.

but I'm not at all bothered about CPS2/3 as there were no decent games released for that hardware. :p

Ahem bis :p (Hehehe.)

Oh, please. Talk about milking a series for all it's worth! How many suffixes can you add to a name? Super Street Fighter Championship Hyper Turbo Toilet Edition? Part II? I'll retract the "no decent games on CPS2" as Megaman was indeed released on that one, but there's no way there were any decent games released for CPS3 - it was Street Fighter and that's all.

D.

Back