Lets Be Realistic...

MaGaIn said:
What badge.
Sorry, your name reads like it's out of one of those cheesy cop shows...

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, my name stands for something, but well let that go. What does nova mean?

MaGaIn said:
What badge. I realize that there may be some bias on this board because the makers of Pandora happen to be members.

I just realized that some of my posts have been deleted. Does anyone want to explain?
of course he was being bloody bias, he was defending his product :) . He was also proving your points badly researched and wrong.

Be realistic. The pandora has no DRMs, which will drive away all commercial developers. The GP2X is much more developer friendly considering the fact that GPH released an SDK. A very good one at that.

craigix said:
Do you actually understand the idea of the Pandora? Do you understand what Linux is?
Let's be realistic... I don't think he does.

MaGain.....wow. Seriously, do some homework prior to posting.

Linux has an SDK...it's called Linux.

It has a bunch of neat tools in it like compilers and text editors, graphics applications, 3d frameworks, modelling apps, huge application repositories and a command shell. It also talks to hardware quite well and is multiplatform with very easy porting across different hardware. And it's free.

It's the newest thing. Just released, say, 16+ years ago(though I heard it was really just a knock off of an earlier OS some crafty buggers came up with 30+ years ago). You should look into it.

On a serious note: I see where you are getting confused: you think a system needs DRM and Nintendo's seal of approval to work. I don't think Craig is looking to attract Konami into making a Castlevania game for it.

This is one of them commie consoles, ya know, for the people by the people?

I understand Pandora. It is ment to break every copyright/trademark ever filed. Right?

Im not gonna respond to your antics anymore. I tis a waste of my time.

MaGaIn: WTF? Seriously.

GPH did release a SDK, a pretty poor one at that and very outdated. The community developed and released a much better and up to date toolchain (DevKitGP2X and Open2x).

DRM is not needed for protecting software. What percentage of PC games have you seen with DRM? Personally, I haven't seen any. Lots of copyright protection but zero DRM.

MaGaIn said:
The GP2X is much more developer friendly considering the fact that GPH released an SDK. A very good one at that.
MaGaIn said:
I understand Pandora. It is ment to break every copyright/trademark ever filed. Right?
* laughs uncontrollably *

More developer friendly? I'd like to see your facts for that. Have you developed for the Pandora? I think not, so you have no idea what tools are available.

GPH spent about 5 minutes on there SDK, most of it is simply ripped from other peoples SDKs. The compiler is standard, public domain, and has been out for years free of charge. So has the libraries they included. Despite this however, GPH decided to use versions of the free tools that were years out of date.

I could go on, but I'm just going to assume your a troll and stop here.

MaGaIn said:
Be realistic. The pandora has no DRMs, which will drive away all commercial developers. The GP2X is much more developer friendly considering the fact that GPH released an SDK. A very good one at that.
oowpvflv.jpg

Oh MagaIn....

Just why!?!

And Squidge, I've told you before, you will never become a mod like this, it's 'their'...

:)

Squidge said:
* laughs uncontrollably *

More developer friendly? I'd like to see your facts for that. Have you developed for the Pandora? I think not, so you have no idea what tools are available.
Do you have any idea what tools are available for the Pandora. I think not because there are none. Yes, more developer friendly, just look at the GP2X game library.

Come on, we can't even use dynamic linking libraries or proper debugging tools on the GP2X anymore. The Pandora would have completely up to date linux stuff, and a fecking keyboard, so it would be great for devs.

MaGaIn said:
Do you have any idea what tools are available for the Pandora. I think not because there are none. Yes, more developer friendly, just look at the GP2X game library.

1) Yes we do, as a matter of fact. They're available now. You can download Debian ARM and have at it.

2) Of anyone to take that argument with, you pick Squidge?? HA! You do realize he's at least half involved with the development, right?

Seriously, guy. You crack me up. Pull the other one, it's got bells on :)

Magain please stop talking before i bust a lung laughing. Of course development for the gp2x is easer, RIGHT NOW. How could development be easy for a console that you can't develop for YET, because it ISN'T AVAILABLE YET! ugh...

Back