Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

It's the same money but now for a real good cause.

Being forced to buy a smartphone, instead of a pandora is definitely a 1st world problem.

However, its one thats worth solving.

I'd rank openpandora above homes for abandoned dogs, but below education and medical provision in impoverished bits of Africa

Maybe some of you know some blogs, magazines, websites we should approach for a Pandora Review?

I would suggest seeking and developing a respectful relationship with under represented members of the gaming community. Specifically female and lgbt gamers.

Edit: Although their influence is vast and far reaching, these groups are often ignored and marginalized by the mainstream. By treating them with the respect they deserve this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship! Especially since most people tend to ignore them or even acknowledge their existence.

I really like that suggestion. You can gain lots of loyalty from smaller groups easier than from the large, I'd guess.

Paraphenelia to customize the Pandora would perhaps be a good thing to have for sales pitches to them, though. Of course, I could be stereotyping...

Just made my order through Ed's shop and will be donating to the good cause as well. That's about the best I can do to help out. :)

my cross-upgrade order has just shipped :) Just have to wait a few days or more for shipping (Germany to New Zealand is probally going to take a week :( ) and I'll finally have my Pandora.
In my experience ordering from Germany to Australia has been rather prompt. And Kiwi land ain't that much farther. Hope you get it soon mate. *Thumbs up!*

Maybe some of you know some blogs, magazines, websites we should approach for a Pandora Review?

I would suggest seeking and developing a respectful relationship with under represented members of the gaming community. Specifically female and lgbt gamers.

Edit: Although their influence is vast and far reaching, these groups are often ignored and marginalized by the mainstream. By treating them with the respect they deserve this could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship! Especially since most people tend to ignore them or even acknowledge their existence.

I really like that suggestion. You can gain lots of loyalty from smaller groups easier than from the large, I'd guess.

Paraphenelia to customize the Pandora would perhaps be a good thing to have for sales pitches to them, though. Of course, I could be stereotyping...
Thank you!

It's not stereotyping if you ask them first what features they'd like added while they review the unit. You could go so far as to ask about colors or themes, game bundles whatever.

Question about switching from Craig to ED: is this poaching his business/orders at all, or would doing this be helping Craig as well as ED?

I think its fine. Ed can sell 1ghz pandoras right now as they are in stock so it makes sense really.

I'm a bit confused. I have a 1st batch order that I have upgraded to 1Ghz like a month ago (in Craig's shop)

What should I do? I suppose asking for a refund of the upgrade and "cross upgrade" in Ed's is the most obvious choice, i don't know how this would affect Craig if he is lacking funds (don't know when that tax refund I read about is going to happen)

Waiting is really a viable option?

I'd like to see a video of A1200 emulation to see how it performs, this is what might persuade me to upgrade my order to a 1Ghz unit.

Also, I haven't heard of much new software coming out, I mostly check these news sections to see when I will get mine (1st batch orderer) so granted I am not looking far, but where should I be looking for new releases?

Question about switching from Craig to ED: is this poaching his business/orders at all, or would doing this be helping Craig as well as ED?

Well, since he basically gets hist queue cleared if you cross-update, of course it helps Craig ;)

€25.00 EUR into the box.

edit: If possible, please donate my money towards sending a Pandora to a "developer".

Last edited by a moderator:
15€ to the pot from my side, you are doing an awesome job ED!

@craig: :(

I'd like to see a video of A1200 emulation to see how it performs, this is what might persuade me to upgrade my order to a 1Ghz unit.

Also, I haven't heard of much new software coming out, I mostly check these news sections to see when I will get mine (1st batch orderer) so granted I am not looking far, but where should I be looking for new releases?
Here's a 1ghz a1200 video I made.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/PWnOdpi-738?feature=oembed

I'm a bit confused. I have a 1st batch order that I have upgraded to 1Ghz like a month ago (in Craig's shop)

What should I do? I suppose asking for a refund of the upgrade and "cross upgrade" in Ed's is the most obvious choice, i don't know how this would affect Craig if he is lacking funds (don't know when that tax refund I read about is going to happen)

Waiting is really a viable option?
I am in the exact same boat. I guess the best approach for Craig would be for us to wait. I wonder if ED would give us a special discount price to get the unit from his shop? If you already had purchase a standard unit, you can upgrade it to 1GHZ from ED for (315,13 € or US ~$408.12) I have already paid over $700 which include the standard unit and upgrade price from Craig. I would be willing to pay some more to get it sooner from ED, but not the full $408 upgrade price a second time. That would make my investment over $1100. - Just my thoughts.

I might be able to afford that sometime later, but right now that price I ask for those units is production costs (or lower than production costs, if I take into account that I have to pay for those 200 scrapped production run PCBs as well).

As much as I want to help anyone, I am not liable for Craigs customers and can't just give my money away for free...

Yeah, whacking down another 400USD on top of the already high price of 700 for the 1Ghz to 1Ghz cross-upgrade is by no means an easy choice to make. It's the risk I've taken though, and hopefully it doesn't come back and bite me in the arse later as I enter yet another pre-order que from hell (which is certainly not going to be the case from Ed as he currently has them in stock. :) )

Speaking of which:

Ed - I just realised after ordering and paying for my cross-update I did not pass on my original order number so I can be crossed off of Craig's que. Email/PM you the details or shall I wait until PayPal has cleared at your end and you're ready to ship?

Back