Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

Well both fo the things that I've said _have_ to be done from ED or someone else on the higher area, since the one that would likely have a big effect requires him to send out a review unit, the other can be anyone who's higher up in the community. Thus it's up to someone on the higher ups, as I'm just some guy, and I cannot represent the community nor would I wish to, as I haven't contributed anything really to the project.

Make the 1GHz 500 Euro including a carrying case/bag and a TV out cable right away.[O:not a bad deal.]

I made a banner a long time ago:

You can get it from here:

http://arnoldvanhofw...ndorabanner.png

I like your banner and its use of gradients. Really cool! Is there some way to fill up the space on the right with something that gives a pitch for the Pandora? At first I thought specs, but depending on your perspective that could either be good or bad. Then I thought we need something that illustrates the pandys multi-tool functionality. I think this is the key that sets it apart from all else as it is literally the everything box. Computing, word processing, Android apps, games, music, etc etc. In short we need to figure out how to say what it is, what it does and where to go for more info.

Edit:

Hrrrm. I just thought if we wanted to do it graphically we could have an open box with a P on the lid. With trails leaving the box and terminating with different icons that represent what it can do(as if openening pandora's box leads to awesome things). Maybe there's a game controller icon, document icon, musical note icon, psuedo code icon, movie reel icon, android alien stuff like that. With a little text blurb describing why it's the everything box or what have you. Just an idea to get the juices flowing as I'm sure you'll come up with better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make the 1GHz 500 Euro including a carrying case/bag and a TV out cable right away.[O:not a bad deal.]

I like your banner and its use of gradients. Really cool! Is there some way to fill up the space on the right with something that gives a pitch for the Pandora? At first I thought specs, but depending on your perspective that could either be good or bad. Then I thought we need something that illustrates the pandys multi-tool functionality. I think this is the key that sets it apart from all else as it is literally the everything box. Computing, word processing, Android apps, games, music, etc etc. In short we need to figure out how to say what it is, what it does and where to go for more info.

One word: Slogan.

One word: Slogan.

But the slogan is five words!

Okay, awful joke. I'll leave now :p

This is from the front page. Would this be what you had in mind?

The smallest portable Linux PC for gaming, browsing, coding, business work, remote administration, music playing, emulating, ...

Possibly yeah....But that's more of a short description. A slogan is supposed to be catchy. Like Nike's "Just do it". Only problem with this being that it's not a massive brand yet, so it kinda would need the short description, so people at a glance can tell what it's all about.

I was referring to the front page slogan "Ultra portability without sacrificing capability".

Thank you for liking the banner. :)

I am not exactly sure what you want but feel free to use this banner for the benefit of the OpenPandora and add whatever you feel appropriate for the good cause. (Besides I did the same when I ripped the OpenPandora imagery ;) )

I do have a PhotoShop file that I used to create this png here:

http://www.arnoldvanhofwegen.com/pics/banners/OpenPandorabanner.psd.zip

I have something in my htaccess files that prevents .psd files being served properly (404 not found) so I hope this works for you all.

pandorabanner.png

Hey there. Been a few years in the queue -- just cross-upgraded my order. Can't wait. (Well, I'm going to wait a few more days, I guess ) :-D

Hey there. Been a few years in the queue -- just cross-upgraded my order. Can't wait. (Well, I'm going to wait a few more days, I guess ) :-D
How do you go ahead and do it? Who do you contact and how? Tried sending ED a pm, but no reply :(

How do you go ahead and do it? Who do you contact and how? Tried sending ED a pm, but no reply :(

see point #3 on the first post in this thread for a link to cross-upgrade. I included my order number in the "comments" box when placing the order. ED and Craig are likely under tremendous email backlog, so don't take it personally if it takes a few days to get a response.

Cheers.

see point #3 on the first post in this thread for a link to cross-upgrade. I included my order number in the "comments" box when placing the order. ED and Craig are likely under tremendous email backlog, so don't take it personally if it takes a few days to get a response.

Cheers.
Well damn it, it seems you can only switch upgrade from an "old" order, and not a 1Ghz order. That's gonna cost me full upgrade price, and is currently a bit too much for me. (considering I've already paid for and upgraded once)

Your resilience throughout the difficulties of this project never cease to amaze me, Ed.

A quick question: Would it be possible to 'cross upgrade' my 1GHZ from Craig's shop to yours, and pay for a unit at production cost instead of retail? I am willing to accept the loss of money I have already paid into Craig's shop if it means getting a Pandy in my hand before the end of the year, and clearing up a spot in that clogged-up cue.

I understand that mate. :) You are offering classic pre-orders from Craig upgrades to your 1GHZ units, I am asking if you are willing to extend that same cross-upgrade offer to the Craig 1GHZ pre-orders a well. Swap a 1GHz from Craigs shop to yours and pay the same upgrade price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that mate. :) You are offering classic pre-orders from Craig upgrades to your 1GHZ units, I am asking if you are willing to extend that same cross-upgrade offer to the Craig 1GHZ pre-orders a well. Swap a 1GHz from Craigs shop to yours and pay the same upgrade price.

Ah, well, if you want to do it, just order :)

Of course 1GHz orders are also valid for that :)

my cross-upgrade order has just shipped :) Just have to wait a few days or more for shipping (Germany to New Zealand is probally going to take a week :( ) and I'll finally have my Pandora.

Donated 10 EUR for the good cause!

We need a shield on the door saying to door-to-door-good-causes-collectors: we donate our collection money to the OpenPandora project.

It's the same money but now for a real good cause.

Back