libflashplayer.so from Android phone?

Silent-Hunter

Hardcore Member
I attempted to use a copy of libflashplayer.so from my phone in Jumanji web browser, but it doesn't work. The one taken from the Firefox on the repo works, and the "file" command reports identical properties for both files, so what's the problem, I don't understand.

I want the one from my Android phone, because it's Flash 11.1, which is newer than any from the Firefox in the repo.

IIRC, "ldd" is not included in firmware, you have to use the CLI of a developpement package (like CLI Love, CDevTool or CodeBlocks).

But yes, newer libflash from android have dependencies on some Android specifics libs.

IIRC, "ldd" is not included in firmware, you have to use the CLI of a developpement package (like CLI Love, CDevTool or CodeBlocks).
Fun Linux fact of the day: You don't need ldd - just use the overintelligent ld.so:

/lib/ld-linux.so.3 --list libflashplayer.so

[edit] it's actually ld-linux.so.3 on the pandora, not .2

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gausen,

Works with Firefox and supports full screen flash video. No more red bar on top.

Enjoy  ;) .
Oh wow, thanks! I can watch youtube now!

Fun Linux fact of the day: You don't need ldd - just use the overintelligent ld.so:

/lib/ld-linux.so.3 --list libflashplayer.so

[edit] it's actually ld-linux.so.3 on the pandora, not .2
This didn't actually work, it just gave me the standard "error while loading shared libraries" thingy.

Proper installation notes would be nice :)
I overwrote the included libflashplayer.so by putting it in /media/card/pandora/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001/lib/firefox-<version number>/plugins/The version of the folder needs to be changed on each update otherwise firefox breaks. At the time of writing this, the current version is 19.0

Also this location works for firefox: /media/card/pandora/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001/.mozilla/plugins/

For Jumanji you can use this location: /media/card/pandora/appdata/jumanji/plugins/ (It is necessary to rename libflashplayer.so to adobeflashplayer.so).

For Qupzilla and Arora I believe the folder is: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ (There also resides the system default swfdec plugin [which I have deleted for testing purposes]). I have issues with this two browsers, the plugin kind of load but fails to play youtube videos.

Also this location works for firefox: /media/card/pandora/appdata/hdonk_firefox_001/.mozilla/plugins/

For Jumanji you can use this location: /media/card/pandora/appdata/jumanji/plugins/ (It is necessary to rename libflashplayer.so to adobeflashplayer.so).

For Qupzilla and Arora I believe the folder is: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ (There also resides the system default swfdec plugin [which I have deleted for testing purposes]). I have issues with this two browsers, the plugin kind of load but fails to play youtube videos.
I'll test this version with Arora tonight or tomorow.

I have redirected the plugin folder in Arora, it's in appdata/arora/usr/plugins

360p still doesn't work well at 775MHz, but fullscreen 240p does :)

Three cheers for gausen!

Yes, Gausen, have you got a webpage, Paypal account, or someplace where people can throw money at you (in a nice way of course)?

Oh cool,can anyone Release this with next Firefox Version or update a Browser from the Repo?

Youtube Fullscreen sounds cool on Pandora OS ;)

WoW ! Really nice job there !

SZ 1.54 - FireFox 19 with libflashplayer.so - YouTube.com - 360p - fullscreen

works great on the 1 Ghz Pandora =D

EDIT: I had to create that "plugins" folder in "...\SD1\appdata\pandora\hdonk_firefox_001\.mozilla\..."

first to put that *.so file from the *zip Archive into.

Before that I had to remember myself to show the hidden files within ""...\SD1\appdata\pandora\hdonk_firefox_001\..."

by pressing "CTRL + H" again since that ".mozilla" folder wasnt shown =P

Ah... and I also had to figure out to disable the old flash plugins within Firefox - Add On manager to get it working. ^^

EDIT2: Hummm I just figured that not all videos are playing smoothly in 360p fullscreen on YouTube yet. The ones I have uploaded myself run pretty good cO... weird...

Got it running with FIreFox.

WoW ! Really nice job there !

SZ 1.54 - FireFox 19 with libflashplayer.so - YouTube.com - 360p - fullscreen

works great on the 1 Ghz Pandora =D
Not great but much better  ;)  .

The videos I tested run fluid on 360p but rameskip is still noticeable. 

(I know it's no real frameskip but it looks like one)

I didn't get it running for other browsers.

Maybe I have to rename it.

Qupilla and Arora would be my favourite ones.

As Qupzlla has real full screen it might be little better for games.

FireFox needs too much RAM for the game I want to play.

Back