Libflashplayer.so

greendots said:
After this works with firefox, how difficult would it to be port to other browsers (Chrome)? FF is slow on the pandora even without flash.

Chrome uses the same plugins as Firefox, so theoretically it should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
PanFox.

pan- is added to the beginning of adjectives and nouns to form other adjectives and nouns that describe something as being connected with all places or people of a particular kind

Well it turns out that a lot of the extra work I've done wasn't needed as it's done in Frash. I'm going back to the Frash stuff to see what else I've missed. Some documentation would have been handy! sigh
Edit:
It's the fact that Frash is written and documented for the iPhone. It needs certain changes for the P.

hdonk said:
Well it turns out that a lot of the extra work I've done wasn't needed as it's done in Frash. I'm going back to the Frash stuff to see what else I've missed. Some documentation would have been handy! sigh

I hate it when that happens. Done it myself too many times, sometimes even when working with my own code (after a few years away from it)!

craigix said:
hdonk said:

I hate it when that happens. Done it myself too many times, sometimes even when working with my own code (after a few years away from it)!
+1

have you programmed anything cool Craig? the only thing iv ever coded is php,javascript,html,css and I'm constantly looking at old code and wondering what I was doing lol.

milkshake said:
craigix said:
hdonk said:

+1

have you programmed anything cool Craig? the only thing iv ever coded is php,javascript,html,css and I'm constantly looking at old code and wondering what I was doing lol.

Loads of stuff, I used to do a lot more in the GP32/GBA days, but I do some iPhone dev on the side to pay the bills.

On the GP32 I did Drunken Frogger which people seem to always remember. I also maintained the GP32 doom port as well as many other bits and pieces.

I see a big problem with displaying the flash on pandora. The original flash has the ability to run at the speed of light, meaning the pandora's display would need to have a refresh rate of ~ 2*10^-6 ns to show just one picture of him while he's running by.
Me thinks if we find a solution to that problem, we'll get much closer to actual flash on pandora and maybe also emulation of NDS.

craigix said:
On the GP32 I did Drunken Frogger which people seem to always remember. I also maintained the GP32 doom port as well as many other bits and pieces.

For God's sake Craig, you need to port Drunken Frogger to the Pandora. That game was ACE!

Also, your doom port was totally awesome, always sexier and easier to use than the GP2x's one, as far as i remember. Hopefully the pandora port will catch up.

conso said:
I see a big problem with displaying the flash on pandora. The original flash has the ability to run at the speed of light, meaning the pandora's display would need to have a refresh rate of ~ 2*10^-6 ns to show just one picture of him while he's running by.
Me thinks if we find a solution to that problem, we'll get much closer to actual flash on pandora and maybe also emulation of NDS.
We'll put The Flash in Flash so he'll run slowly while he runs quickly.

Wolfsclaw said:
craigix said:

For God's sake Craig, you need to port Drunken Frogger to the Pandora. That game was ACE!

Funny you should say that....

lulzfish said:
We'll put The Flash in Flash so he'll run slowly while he runs quickly.
Xzibit? Is that you?

Hitnrun said:
greendots said:
After this works with firefox, how difficult would it to be port to other browsers (Chrome)? FF is slow on the pandora even without flash.

But if Firefox needs to be modified to use this different plugin framework, then all other browsers would need those modifications too, right?

"Red Panda" is an excellent name for a Pandora-specific Firefox fork.

Though to make it more product-namey, I'd take out the space and call it Redpanda.
(Maybe RedPanda, but camel case in product names is problematic)

(Fun fact: this post nearly made reference to "moron case", thanks to the anti-spam filter!)

As for the name, I'd also go with "Red Panda". It is, after all, the animal Firefox was named after.

491px-Ailurus_fulgens_RoterPanda_LesserPanda.jpg

+1
awesome thread

Tempel said:
Hitnrun said:
greendots said:

But if Firefox needs to be modified to use this different plugin framework, then all other browsers would need those modifications too, right?

Yes, you are right. But the needed changes aren't looking to be too big (just filtering some NPAPI messages), the only major task is the compiling process.

benced said:
491px-Ailurus_fulgens_RoterPanda_LesserPanda.jpg

+1
awesome thread
What a revolting creature, I'd be reluctrant to name one of my turds after that thing.

Back