Beta Linphone

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi there,

Someone on irc bugged that there were no way to get VOIP.
My Ekiga package crash all the time, and dont see any light for these crashes, so here is linphone.
linphone-chat.png

You have to note that I disabled webcam support to be able to build this. Feed back is very welcome.

[ Download ] - [ Website ]

Ah, great! You are back on the porttrain...
Will try this, if I get a minute or two.

Even works with webcam here ;-)

linphone.jpg

Edit. But I can't acutually test calls and stuff as I don't have an account.

Too bad I dont have a account to use this with.
I must admit a port of Mumble or something would be more useful for me.

Awesome app non the less. Can someone tell me if its worth getting a account for this?

linphone seems cool and I like that someone ported a VOIP client onto the pandora... but to be honest, I'd prefer to see sflphone (but I'm still happy to see SOMETHING :p)... what would REALLY be interesting is if someone ported the android app csipsimple or sipdroid over... though personally, I prefer sflphone or even twinklephone because I have 2 accounts I'd like to set up in one device. Not sure if Linphone can do that (and I'm not sure what accounts linphone is compatible with, as I have 2 gizmo accounts from way back when. :D

NOTE: this is in no way flame... I appreciate that someone ported a VOIP app... just giving my honest opinion about the whole thing.. :p Thank you for starting something good, sebt3!

Custom Processing Unlimite said:
linphone seems cool and I like that someone ported a VOIP client onto the pandora... but to be honest, I'd prefer to see sflphone (but I'm still happy to see SOMETHING :p )... what would REALLY be interesting is if someone ported the android app csipsimple or sipdroid over... though personally, I prefer sflphone or even twinklephone because I have 2 accounts I'd like to set up in one device. Not sure if Linphone can do that (and I'm not sure what accounts linphone is compatible with, as I have 2 gizmo accounts from way back when. :D

NOTE: this is in no way flame... I appreciate that someone ported a VOIP app... just giving my honest opinion about the whole thing.. :p Thank you for starting something good, sebt3!
Porting from android is a pain. so dont count on me for that.
I actually tried twinkle, but it depend on QT3 and have no QT4 port. There is a qt3-qt4 compatibility layer, but it's a real pain to get working on cross-compilation, so I gave up.

I just had a (very quick) look at sflphone and it look doable. I might do this...
Edit: sflphone depend on evolution-data-server... So no this will be a pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for checking... found a good place to start looking around for multi-account enabled sip/voip software:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_VoIP_software

:D

ekiga is the first one that comes to mind that may be worth looking at...

As my first post in this thread say, my ekiga build is _not_ working. See this for more.

sebt3 said:
As my first post in this thread say, my ekiga build is _not_ working. See this for more.
It does work through Debian, Extend Utils:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56462-pandora-phone-openoffice-amsn-yes-d/
But I think the steps to get there are too complex for me...

Thanks for this. :)

my apologies... I skimmed through the posts in the thread and did not notice that. Saw it after a "slower read" of your post. :p Well, I hope we can get something around here that handles multiple logins... until then, we have this... I haven't gotten my pandora yet, so I can't really complain one way or another... :p Thanks for your contribution.

Esn said:
It does work through Debian
I know, but :
Esn said:
But I think the steps to get there are too complex for me...
like most the non coder/hacker in the community ;)

my apologies...
No need to apologies... realy ;)

EDIT : Still, nobody have tested it for a conversation yet ?

Just read, what the homepage has to say:
It should work with any Voip Account, that uses the standard protcol. This doesn't have it own protocol.

think my housemate had a sip server setup on one of our boxes, if i'm not down the pub i'll see if it can be tested...though there's only 1 pandora in the house currently, so we'd need one other+ some ports forwarded out end :)

LinPhone does support multiple SIP account.
I did a very quick test this morning.
I managed to setup my ekiga.net account (very easy) and call the echo-room. It did'nt crash, so that's an improvement compared to ekiga.
But I did'nt got sound back from the echo-room, I guess it's more an issue with me unable to get the internal mic working.

which version of Linphone are you using? is it a stable version (3.3.2, from what I can see) or the git version (20101017, from what I've found)?

It's probably been years since my last time attempting to use Linphone, but I think I will install it on my desktop and/or laptop to see what happens when I play with it...

This is the stable version 3.3.2.
Edit : I found this to enable the internal Mic. I should test this when I'm back home

trying it out on my desktop... it's not very straightforward with the sip config like most others, but I may have figured it out... will say for sure when I get time to test it... gotta run for now. :D

sebt3 said:
Edit : I found this to enable the internal Mic. I should test this when I'm back home
Not any better.
From what I understand while the output is ont the card0 device0 the mic is on card0 device1. linphone dont seems to allow me choose this device for input. I do have a choice :
- omap3pandora
- oss

HELP !

Back