List Of Consoles Gp2x Cannot Run

clarky2o2o

I was on a emulator forum for the ds and they had stickied a topic of what the ds CANNOT emulate so people would stop asking.

this would apply for both gp 32 gp2x and all future machines.

for example gp32 would be

saturn
plantation 1 <....edit : after sonys dwindling sails they renamed this the PLAYstation 1 lol!
Phillips cdi
3do etc
anything more advanced than these.

gp2x would be the same without the ps1

hope this helps.

of course this would of been better when the gp32/gp2x was 1st out and deleting each console as it does get emulated

There used to be such a list in the wiki - it was rubbish. Messy, often proved wrong and was mostly written by people who don't actually know anything about the topic. It was deleted.

Depends whether you mean "cannot emulate" or "cannot emulate well", and the latter depends on individual opinion. And nothing will ever stop people asking if the '2x can emulate n64.

Technically, GP32 can emulate playstation(1) just not to the point where it is playable.

I don't have much coding experience so I'm not really familiar with how emulation works, but I've seen some amazing stuff that I never thought was possible so I'm going to keep my mind open. (I don't expect N64 emulation but Virtual Boy would be cool)

how would virtua boy emulation work would you have to tape a gp2x to your forehead and then a brick on top to give you that accurate headache feeling?

i mean a "realistic" cant emulate like nintendo 64 and beyond.

maybe even a colour chart for those systems that DO work like "green" is runs full speed "orange" some bugs but mainly compatible red for very little compatible and black for null

clarky2o2o said:
maybe even a colour chart for those systems that DO work like "green" is runs full speed "orange" some bugs but mainly compatible red for very little compatible and black for null
And where would you put such a thing? Nobody reads the stuck threads here anyway and there is already a complete list of emulators on the wiki, but I wouldn't be happy if somebody started re-introducing the colour coded 'Goodness' charts.
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Emulators

Of course, nobody actually uses the wiki :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
your right I didn't even know about the wiki for what IS supported aside from random posts here and there

I guess a few people don't really think about checking the wiki as historically it has been a bit of a mess. We've cleaned a lot of it up now and it's probably the best place to find information about the GP2X without asking now. Even new people should find it accessible. After I've cleaned up the development section, i may make another thread to remind people about it :).

Back