List of PSX games you plan/hope to play

Username said:
Ryzure counters with -1

Horrible, hideous, kiddy-crap hellspawn. I tried playing it, and ended up with a migraine.
They took everything cool about Tombi! and replaced it with cancerous voice acting.

Tombi!, btw, being #1 on my list.
Azure Dreams
Einhander
Legend of Dragoon
Shadow Master

Ryzure said:
Username said:
Ryzure counters with -1

Horrible, hideous, kiddy-crap hellspawn. I tried playing it, and ended up with a migraine.
They took everything cool about Tombi! and replaced it with cancerous voice acting.
Bah, it was still a better game than almost every other game ever made!

Oldgamer said:
I am looking forward to dusting off many old PlayStation games, including Magic Carpet and X-Com.
there is a magic carpet version for psx? that's great news! (well, to me...) i absolutely loved magic carpet on my first pc (which replaced my good old amiga, which in turn had replaced my c64 - my god, i'm old...). can't wait to see the psx version on pandora!

With the English language patch for Persona 2 Innocent Sin coming sometime this month, I can't think of any better game with which to christen the Pandora.

Valkyrie Profile is #2.

And I'll probably have to bite the bullet and learn Japanese so I can play Soul Hackers, the translation project for that one seems to have stalled.

Oh, and video requests: if you've got a copy of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, something from that would be good. I've heard that the PSP can't run that one or its predecessor, at least for firmwares before 4.00.

Well two things could be affecting Wipeout XL's performance:
1. I may still be slightly off with the root counters (timers on psx) that Wipeout seems to rely on heavily.
2. All these games will run better on a more proper build for a more recent Pandora devkit. I currently rotate and scale the screen, and the way I am doing rotation is hideously slow. Rotation of the video won't be needed once I get a newer devkit, or have someone with a newer devkit take a video. ;)

So with what I said in #2, all games will be running faster on a retail Pandora. It's running really well, I must say, at stock speed and with a lot of extra code in place.

I could make a video without scaling and rotation to show you how much faster it runs, if interested. :)

As for games, I forgot about X-Com and Magic Carpet. I love those two games!
There's also TTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe) for the Playstation. ;)

So for round two, so far I have on my list Gran Turismo. Going through all the games listed here and comparing to what I have.

Oh, also keep in mind this is using a software renderer. When Tinnus gets going on the OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware accelerated renderer, things will be getting even better. :)

zodttd said:
So with what I said in #2, all games will be running faster on a retail Pandora. It's running really well, I must say, at stock speed and with a lot of extra code in place.
thats great! can't wait to see unscaled and, uhm, non-rotated videos of wipeout & magic carpet. :)

zodttd said:
Oh, also keep in mind this is using a software renderer. When Tinnus gets going on the OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware accelerated renderer, things will be getting even better. :)
that's even greater!

what about sound though? any idea when sound will be working accurately? that would be essential for games like magic carpet and wipeout - where all those booms and clangs always seemed to be in time with the music :)

I just hope i can play my favourit PSX games like LAIN Serial Experiment, few racing games, driver and demolition derby ^_^

zodttd said:
Be fast with requests, and don't hold back. I'll be making the videos shortly. :)
I'd also love to see Gran Turismo (or even GT2) and Metal Gear Solid. It'd be great to see FF7 again to see the difference. The original movie was impressive enough, especially considering it's all software rendered - this thing is going to fly with OpenGL... Keep up the good work!

A video of one of the crash bandicoot games would be great :D And I'd love to see Rayman too.

Ooh and strider 2 would be nice. That game is pretty :)

As with the psp, will we have to play around with the games ID code etc such as in pops?

or will it be very simple to play games from all regions?

Also, will there be some sort of gameshark / action replay setup too??

I've never played a PSX game.

I'm interested in the performance of the PSX-versions of Diablo, Warcraft II (and maybe Quake II) :)

mkinzler said:
The latter can be runned directly without emulation
I know, that's why I set it in brackets. But it would allow me to classify the performance of the Emulator.

Back