List of PSX games you plan/hope to play

Crash Bandicoot
Wipeout
Grand Turismo

As far as I remember, it didn't have much other interesting games.

Charbax said:
Crash Bandicoot
Wipeout
Grand Turismo

As far as I remember, it didn't have much other interesting games.
Oh how very wrong you are...

It saddens me that people actually believe this kind of thing.

The psx emu is the main reason i bought the pandora. SOOOOOO many games. Medal of honor, gran turismo, castlevania, bloody roar, etc

EDIT - Colony Wars!!, Crash, Parappa, Um Jammer Lammy (this doesn;t work in emulators tho so I doubt it will work).

Uh ... hm.

FF stuff. Still never beaten FF8 got to last stage twice never finished.
Vandal Hearts. (dang guys nobody mentioned Vandal Hearts yet?)
Wild Arms series. (see above)
Castlevania SOTN.
Megaman stuff.
R-Type stuff.

Personally looking just as forward to playing some TG16 SuperCD's on the move.

But for PSX I'll probably try eveything under the sun to see if it sucks or not.

Overboard (anyone remember that?)
Tomb Raider 2
Final Fantasy 7
Ridge Racer Type 4
Ridge Racer Revolution
Wipeout 2097
Wild 9
Kula World
... and both Oddworld games

Diablo
Alundra
Final Fantasy Tactics
Breath of Fire 3
Legend of the Dragoon
Tales of Destiny
Star Ocean
Chrono Cross

All Japanese Traditional 2D shooters:

Kyuin
Einhander
Gaia Seed
Gradius Gaiden
R Type Delta
NightRaid
Toaplan Shooting Battle 1
Zanac X Zanac

Crash Team Racing
Driver
Tekken 2
Micro Machines V3

It would be a good reason to get a pandora for this - but I'm waiting for the second batch (at least) - my gp2x gives me enough gaming (& development) goodness at the moment :)

Can't believe noone mentioned spyro!

haven't really had a chance to play psx when i was a kid so my list is quite short:

crash bandicoot
spyro
ff8
abe's oddysee

:ph34r:

Hmm. In the order that I'll probably try them out...

1) Xenogears
It has brilliant mecha combat, a fantastic story, and for the age it looks very very pretty. I've been avoiding re-playing it for four years now, purely so that the next time I do will be on a handheld.

2) Chrono Cross
Didn't like it too much last time through, but I think it'll do better when I'm not trying to compare it to Chrono Trigger so much (because really, Cross and Trigger are actually fairly tangentially related, imo). I also happen to know that it's one of those problem games with crashes near the start on many psx emus, so it'll be something of a stress test for the Pandora one...

3) Intelligent Qube
Brilliant game, not especially taxing, but good for pick up and play factor.

4) Breath of Fire III/IV
Both are absolutely awesome, and among the best games I've played on the psx.

5) FF Origins.
Again, been avoiding playing it because I want to try it on a screen that'll do it justice.

6) Wip3out
Because by now I'll want to try a racing game and see how natural it feels.

7) Worms Armageddon
Because I'm shite at racing games with weapons, and after Wip3out, I'll probably want to blow some stuff up.

8) Moto Racer 2
Fun racing game on motorbikes that my PC always used to crash trying to run. Maybe the Psx version on Pandora will be friendlier?

9) Others that I haven't planned far enough ahead to slot in.
This includes the FF series (7-9 in particular), Klonoa (which I hear good things about), Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark, the Tales series, a whole host of other amazing RPGs that turned up on the psx, the psx incarnation of MegaMan, Ridge race, Spyro, and anything anyone has mentioned as being awesome that I can find in the bargain bin of the local gamestation.

I've been waiting for handheld psx emulation on a non-Sony console for a while now...

It will be interesting to see what workaround the developers come up with for the Pandora's lack of R2 and L2 buttons. This could be a major problem for the likes of the Wipeout games.
Nevertheless, I am looking forward to dusting off many old PlayStation games, including Magic Carpet and X-Com.

andy_js said:
Overboard (anyone remember that?)

Yeah, It was bundled with my playstation. A very good game from what I remember, looking forward to playing it again.
Hopefully I will be able to complete this time it as I think it was quite hard. :)

Gran Turismo 2
Wipeout 1, 2, and 2
MGS
Silent Hill
Tekken 3
Future Cop: LAPD
Destruction derby 1, 2
Ghost in the Shell
Tenchu 1, 2
Tomb Raider 3
Jimmy White's Cueball 2
Tony Hawks 3
Star Wars - Masters of Teras Kasi
X-Com UFO Defence (if no port is made or cant use the PC version in dosbox)

Omega Boost
Contender2
Colony Wars 1-3
SyphonFilter 1-3
Speedball2001(though I like Speedball2 on the Amiga better)
Dune2000
Warzone2001
Mechwarrior2
SoulReaver
Samurai Showdown-Warriors Rage
Panzer General
Allied General

Some would be better with second shoulder buttons, though.

Back