Live USB

XxionxX

Website
www.mcdonaldranch.org
I have a USB with puppy Linux on it, and I am able to use it with every windows computer I've come in contact with. But I can't use it with my dad's mac laptop (tiger OS with intel chipset). I did some digging, but I can't find anything that will allow me to switch between macs and pcs :/ Does anyone know how to do this? No worries if no one knows, I will keep digging, I just wanted to see if someone had already done this. B)

Try holding down the Option key whilst booting. This should give you the option to boot from it.

However, you may find that you won't get very far with this - if Puppy Linux can't deal with EFI instead of a BIOS (those who claim that x86-based Macintoshes are identical to all other x86 hardware are mistaken due to this rather irritating difference :lol: ), you may not be able to use it anyway, and the legacy BIOS-mode that EFI can switch to (I don't know how - not enough experience with it) does not have a USB driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the option key, but it just showed me the laptop's hard drive and it did not recognize the usb as a bootable device. :(

Edit: I feel like I should be able to find an EFI bootloader to add to the pendrive... I guess I'll find a puppylinux forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry that I couldn't offer any more help than that - best of luck to you. :)

Back