Liveusb?

irockyou

Still Fresh
Just out of curiosity, will I be able to run Slax with my USB? My guess is no, since Pandora isn't BIOS based... is it? <_<

Nick1337 said:
Just out of curiosity, will I be able to run Slax with my USB? My guess is no, since Pandora isn't BIOS based... is it? <_<
The Pandora does have a BIOS. Squidge coded it himself. As of right now, I don't think it has boot from USB, but it does have boot from SD. Also, there has been talk about adding boot from USB, I believe.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
If Slax is expecting an x86-based processor, it's not going to work. The Pandora uses an ARM processor. ;)

Is Squidge going to release the source code for the said bootloader - I would guess yes, but you never know...

Vladimir said:
Is Squidge going to release the source code for the said bootloader - I would guess yes, but you never know...
No idea.

-God Ginrai

The problem is that USB distros are generally made for x86. Since a bootable USB would have to be made for the pandora, it would be more practical to just put in on an SD.

Would it be possible to access the Pandora (via USB) through a VNC or something similar? I know this is different to what the person asked, maybe it should be a new thread.

ashdjones said:
Would it be possible to access the Pandora (via USB) through a VNC or something similar? I know this is different to what the person asked, maybe it should be a new thread.
That should totally be a new thread, but before you make one, be sure to use the search function, because I'm pretty sure that there have already been a couple of topics about VNC and similar programs.

-God Ginrai

Back