Local Play on Consoles

I assume you don't have a WII...

I actually do have a Wii, bought it for Monster Hunter Tri and loved it. But, I can't seem to find many fun multiplayer games, hence why I'm excited for the Wii-U and their catering more towards 'mature' games (I'm assuming the rating of Mature).

the split screening of local play is a bit of a pain, a 2 monitor hook up is nice if you got the space to do it.

Do many Consoles support a 2 monitor hook up, I haven't actually looked into this at all before and would make playing Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 so much more entertaining.

Wow, that Artemis game looks amazing! I'm gonna have to get it set up at my place, just need to wait for my house-mate to move back for some intense game sessions.

I assume you don't have a WII...

I actually do have a Wii, bought it for Monster Hunter Tri and loved it. But, I can't seem to find many fun multiplayer games, hence why I'm excited for the Wii-U and their catering more towards 'mature' games (I'm assuming the rating of Mature).

the split screening of local play is a bit of a pain, a 2 monitor hook up is nice if you got the space to do it.

Do many Consoles support a 2 monitor hook up, I haven't actually looked into this at all before and would make playing Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 so much more entertaining.

Wow, that Artemis game looks amazing! I'm gonna have to get it set up at my place, just need to wait for my house-mate to move back for some intense game sessions.
you haven't found any good multiplayer player games for the wii ... Well new super Mario bros wii Mario kart wii wii sports smash bros brawl basically any 1st party Nintendo family friendly games but for some reason the only decent " mature " are games single player

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I do have some trouble with the nintendo titles for Wii, to note:

Mario Kart: using the motion sensing run counter intuitive to me and angers me.

Super Mario Bros: I want to local play with friends, but they all bounce me to my death

Mario Party: I loathe Mario Party

Wii Sports: these are actually fun, I like them.

Smash Bros: Looking forward to buying when the price drops some more...

On a side note, Monster Hunter has a local play option where you both team up in the arena against large monsters which is quite enjoyable to do... sadly can't use your custom equipment.

Anybody else know of some good local play Wii/PS3 games?

I'm currently playing the Sega collection on screen, it offers support for local play with gamepads, hells yeah!

On Mario kart at least you can use GameCube controllers ... I think on Mario just wait for the wii u version a 5ith player can spawn blocks so you'll have your revenge .

but for some reason the only decent " mature " are games single player

"mature games" are somewhat incompatible with the "quick to learn, short games session" local multiplayer focus nowadays... and I have to admit all theses tiny wii party, wii sport and such are great to play with friends. as much as I loved goldeneye, as soon as I think "FPS" I can't imagine using a home console for that...

for the fun multiplayer game I actually love http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman_Raving_Rabbids_TV_Party even if the different mini games types are somewhat limited compared with the wii party and such...

I think the best you can do with the PS3 is have it connect to 2 TV's but would then both be still seeing each others play on your screen ... you'd each need to block off half your screen still. So the cardboard and tape would still be needed.

I read that XBOX used to do this, though no idea if it still does.

As for other consoles, older gen ones, not sure. Just something I always liked the idea of doing, putting 2 TV back to back, but never had the space/tellies to be able to.

Null Modem cable link-up between ST and Amigas used to be pretty common, but hard work getting all your gear round to each other's home.

The original Playstation had a link option, but they gave up on the feature and the link port disappeared on later models.

The 3D glasses for local multiplayer is the new hope. Each player gets a full screen, one console providing 2 outputs, or 2 consoles - HDMI supports ethernet too, so you could see linked machines via a single AV cable to the display soon enough.

Hahah, I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D and Warcraft II on null modem.

Then the members of my computer club got ethernet cards on coaxial and it was far better!

(I kept using null modem later to play AVP and Wing Commander Armada with a friend)

That artemis game looks fun, but the people in the videos are too much into it. I would love to find a few people to try it.

Hahah, I remember playing Duke Nukem 3D and Warcraft II on null modem.

Then the members of my computer club got ethernet cards on coaxial and it was far better!

(I kept using null modem later to play AVP and Wing Commander Armada with a friend)

One of my fondest gaming memories is playing Duke Nukem 3D over null modem with my friend.. Since it was a 1 on 1 battles it was all about ambushing and setting traps..

That paragraph could of been taken from my life.. I played all those back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

"mature games" are somewhat incompatible with the "quick to learn, short games session" local multiplayer focus nowadays... and I have to admit all theses tiny wii party, wii sport and such are great to play with friends. as much as I loved goldeneye, as soon as I think "FPS" I can't imagine using a home console for that...

for the fun multiplayer game I actually love http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman_Raving_Rabbids_TV_Party even if the different mini games types are somewhat limited compared with the wii party and such...
So are you a Pc gamer then ?

for the fun multiplayer game I actually love http://en.wikipedia....abbids_TV_Party even if the different mini games types are somewhat limited compared with the wii party and such...
So are you a Pc gamer then ?

depend of the type of game I want to play.. through I can hardly still be called a gamer with the short freetime I still have...

Back