Locomalito: A Great Indie Game Maker (Hydorah And 8Bit Killer)

Do you want Locomalito games on Pandora?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 33 89.2%
  • It's OK, if someone portes them

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

timofonic

GP Mafia
Hello.

Here are two great free indie games that I think should be ported to Pandora. This is the kind of developers that deserve a Pandora, so they can make this platform to be alive and kicking of indie glory ;)

Hydorah:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf5NaSPODtg[/youtube]

A classic shoot'em up game inspired by classics like Nemesis and Gradious. The soundtrack matches the classic style by the use of appropiate synthetizers.

8bit killer:

It's a FPS with a classic feel, being totally lores and story inspired by classic games and movies.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwj_1Dngzio[/youtube]

Regards.

Ran across Hydorah yesterday, it's looks like a really good Gradius homage, I'd love to see as many indie developers like this guy as possible, the pandora was practically made for people like him (assuming he doesnt only know hoe to develop for PCs or anything like that.)

I dont think his games are open source but I dont think he'd be above a port if you asked.

rabidpoobear said:
is the source available?

No, the point is to find a way to porting it. Giving him a Pandora or some agreement between a developer already having one and him :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the gp32x forums effect? site down?

get some weird error when i go to the site, but those vids look cool, but i can't help thinking it needs bigger guns in the first game.

8 bit killer looks aweeesome!

timofonic said:
rabidpoobear said:
is the source available?

No, the point is to find a way to porting it. Giving him a Pandora or some agreement between a developer already having one and him :)

Then tell him about the Pandora, not us about his (very good) games. He's the one who needs to want to do something about the situation, not us.

Kicker said:
timofonic said:
rabidpoobear said:
is the source available?

Then tell him about the Pandora, not us about his (very good) games. He's the one who needs to want to do something about the situation, not us.

That's the point of this forum post, so people can email him about it...

timofonic said:
That's the point of this forum post, so people can email him about it...

Ah, I didn't get that. Neither of the links work for me, so I don't know if they went to a page with a contact form or email address?

I think the site might have been the victim of too much popularity in a short span of time because I heard about the developers on a facebook group for Gradius fans, there were plenty of people in the group specially if they all shared the link too.

Alpha2 said:
I think the site might have been the victim of too much popularity in a short span of time because I heard about the developers on a facebook group for Gradius fans, there were plenty of people in the group specially if they all shared the link too.
For what it's worth, the links worked an hour or so ago when I tried them.

Tom` said:
Alpha2 said:
For what it's worth, the links worked an hour or so ago when I tried them.

Now I'm unable to access the site at all :(

There are numerous websites talking about the release of Hydorah, looks like his web server is overloaded.
Hydorah seems to be a great shmup, sadly there is no osx/linux version.

Hydora looks awesome, so I really hope we can convince him to port it to the Pandora. I would pay money for it since I love shmups! :p

Those who have something to tell the guy, you can send email to "info" at his custom domain, locomalito.

amf, we need it to work on Linux before it can work on our special portable Linux.

KodeIn said:
The website seems to be back.

Yes, it works now! :)

It seems the autor uses Game Maker, there's a tool named LateralGM that converts Game Maker code to C++. There's hope about using this port to port his games :)

Back