Lol - Banned From Openpandora Forums

Really? Don't see that post, I'll assume Craig or another mod deleted it.
While I disagree with your presumed statement and really think you should have avoided such a petty jab, it does seem like a personal insult that should have been handled on a personal level first, not an immediate banning. It's not like you have a history of abuse that can only be solved with a banning, there are enough of those without jumping at first time offenses, unfortunately.
From history I'm assuming it was Craig who initiated the ban, he has tended to take personal insults rather harshly and to extreme measures, but it could just as well be a mod anticipating fallout.
Just behave and respectable to others and I don't think you'll have the same problem here; Craig has no authority over this forum.

In a strange ironic twist that ban kind of confirms the comparison. Craig did leave and start up the Pandora forum more so to control what was said about him then to create an exclusive board for Pandora. Didn't Craig post of a new project? Perhaps he's starting a nuclear program. Has he fired any short range missile tests?

"This clown called me a prick and said he would 'pay me a visit"
I can recall when Craig called another community member here, was it mali?, "a dumb little s***".
And yeah, I suppose if any member has any chance of getting their money back or their overdue Pandora they'll probably have to 'pay me[Craig] a visit'. I'm actually surprised that no one hasn't done this before or at least gone to a collection agency.

Well of course since like usual they obscured any evidence we have no idea whose story to believe.

you called someone a prick and threatened to "pay him a visit" in what basically counts as his place of work and you are surprised? if this had been in person you would have had the police called on you, being made to go away hardly compares. anyway, its pretty obvious now that Craig has essentially nothing to do with pandora production any more, so i can assume people just enjoying having a whipping boy to deal with their ever so tragic problems

I can understand your anger RenegadeChic.

I have had similar problems and had to really bite my lip when dealing with old craig.

The thing he doesn't seem to realise is that if he's dealing with the customer, then he has to play the game correctly. Be honest with them and certainly don't be rude. The old 'The customer is always right' addage goes a long way. I wonder if Craig has ever worked in a customer service role (a shop or pub for instance).

Well, I've just had to send mine back after receiving a (very) faulty unit. I've kept quiet about it up until now but after being told a replacement would be had with a certain period of time (and that period now elapsed) I'm pretty damn annoyed myself.

However, I will play the role of dumb-ass customer that can be walked all over because I actually want to eventually get a Pandora. I had a brief taste of one and loved it. Important to remember that the device is actually really good. The service...not so good.

I think once ED takes control things will be better for all future customers (and hopefully anyone else who has to return faulty units)

Finally, it's christmas everybody - let's be nice to each other!

hey i am not angry at all, was just saying :)

not that i think that they are massively comparable as people but i think you could compare it to the difference between having a go at an apple sales rep or having a go at steve jobs. sure the customer is always right if you are some sales rep and sales and you are practically as irrelevant as the customer but if you managed to come face to face with steve jobs (well not now obv) but you can be pretty sure he would probably tell you to piss off. sure you can berate those below you for poor customer service and causing you trouble, but if there is noone higher in the company to answer to, you can pretty much say what you want. is it good business? well, really the like it or lump it scenario applies. sure the pandora needs to have its orders, but it isn't exactly going to matter to them who it is on a personal level. hell, it would probably free up a pre-order in favour of a premium and benefit the company.

whats my point... hmm. well i guess ultimately Craig will do what he wants, people will be pushed away for getting aggressive and none of it will really matter. the angry people will try and win internet points, they wont get anything any time faster (apart from angrier) and it wont change anything. ED is already in control of things and from what i can tell, other than passing on order information and parts, there is no amount of raging at Craig that could possibly benefit anyone. at this stage, getting mad is only going to diminish a project you probably want to be a part of and if you don't then really people shouldn't have any time for your stirring.

since when was successfully trollbaiting something to be proud of? he bit and now you're banned *clapclapclap*? yawn. its a shame this forum spends more time being bitchy than positive since i seem to remember is being a really great, creative and enjoyable place not so long ago.

Yeah, RenegadeChic, this place also used to be spam-free. I'd like to move all my FMN discussion and such over here where Craig can't get to it but unfortunately now that GPH has given up the ghost (and so, it appears, has the community surrounding it) these forums are getting more and more desolate.

I agree that it would appear that Craig has indeed given up only the title of an administrator, and kept all the actual real power. That's very worrying - he's always behaved like a little twat as far as communicating with his customers is concerned, and it seems that he's now becoming something of a nasty dictator. I'd really like to just drop the official boards completely, but there's no real alternative Pandora community.

D.

Fair enough.

I'm not angry either. Just mildy irritated at what _appears_ to be deception (only _appears_ - there may be actual honest reasons for everything).

I would never go as far as direct insults though - life is too short for getting petty. It's only a console...it's only money and we all knew this was a project with a fair amount of risk involved.

Roll on the new year and perhaps I can finally be with my precious Pandora!

Kim Jong Il wouldn't have bothered with CC or GC, he would have used forced labour from concentration camps. It would be called the People's Pandora, and instead of finding bits of tobacco inside you would find the odd human tooth or a blood stain.

Dunny said:
Yeah, RenegadeChic, this place also used to be spam-free. I'd like to move all my FMN discussion and such over here where Craig can't get to it but unfortunately now that GPH has given up the ghost (and so, it appears, has the community surrounding it) these forums are getting more and more desolate.

lol shouting in an empty room isn't nearly as satisfying! really though it is definitely a shame. emulation on phones has gotten to the point where making a straight up emulation console isn't a very profitable venture. the only reason the pandora scrapes by is because it manages to do something a little bit different. its probably too late for this place to snap up a lot of phone emulation discussion and development, and i don't know if its the direction most devs would want to go in anyway. dragging in the audience is always gonna be the bigger problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Miner49er said:
Fair enough.

I'm not angry either. Just mildy irritated at what _appears_ to be deception (only _appears_ - there may be actual honest reasons for everything).

I would never go as far as direct insults though - life is too short for getting petty. It's only a console...it's only money and we all knew this was a project with a fair amount of risk involved.

Roll on the new year and perhaps I can finally be with my precious Pandora!

It's not so much what Mr. Depths has done - I quite like the guy and I count him as a friend on other forums - it's the fact that Craig, while masquerading as a regular user on the forums (and having sworn blind that he would have no moderator or administrator powers) then goes and bans the guy and locks the discussion. If he's deceitful enough (and we know from bitter experience that he will twist the truth to suit him) to do that, then I don't trust him on the boards. I really don't. Heh, I expect he might read this and decide to ban me for my behaviour on other forums - that would be pretty much par for the course!

RenegadeChic said:
Dunny said:

lol shouting in an empty room isn't nearly as satisfying! really though it is definitely a shame. emulation on phones has gotten to the point where making a straight up emulation console isn't a very profitable venture. the only reason the pandora scrapes by is because it manages to do something a little bit different. its probably too late for this place to snap up a lot of phone emulation discussion and development, and i don't know if its the direction most devs would want to go in anyway. dragging in the audience is always gonna be the bigger problem

You're right about the Pandora being slightly different, and I don't blame GPH for giving up. It was bound to happen. I get the feeling that although the Pandora excels most at gaming, they're going to have to push the "handheld desktop PC" angle to keep interest up. Even then, I don't see the fanbase growing any larger than the GP2X at best.

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back