Lol, I Dont Understand To Install Emulators On Dingux

renejr902

Website
Visit site
LOL, i dont understand how to install emulators on Dingux

i downloaded several emulators. i copied the folder in the emulator folder of my sd card. but i dont see any of my emulator on dingux.

i hope i dont need knowledge about linux because i only have knowledge about windows.

any of the readme emulator for dingux dont tell me where to put my roms ! anyway i cant see the emulators i downloaded anywhere on dingux

thanks for help

note: i installed local pack 0.10. i know its old and it dont have the new menu, but my mini sd card have only 512mb i dont think i can install the local pack 0.35 on it. so for now i try to install emulators from gp32x download section into my mini sd card for playing in dingux, nothing is working

EDIT: ok i edit the file: dmenu.cfg

and i have create this:

MenuItem Picodrive
{
Icon = "res/emulators/PicoDrive.png"
Name = "Picodrive"
Executable = "./Picodrive"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/emulators/Picodrive"
Selector = yes
}

and i copied the picodrive.png in the DSMENU/EMULATOR/RES directory.

I was happy the picodrive icon appear in the emulator section, but when i choose the picodrive icon , some text appear on a black screen , i dont have much time to read it and after that it come back to the dingoo menu. i have the same problems with all emulators.

NOTE2: it said when i choose picodrive: /bin/hs picodrive.dge not found. if i read correclty.

THANKS FOR HELP

ok forget it. i installed the local 0.35

and i erased the games in games folder. so i suceed to put it in my 512 mb mini sd. all is working.

thanks

Still i dont find picodrive very smooth like wiz or gp2x , even with perfect vsync. it seem to have tearing or vsync problem, maybe i have to overclock or play with settings

note: all emulators i tried run better on wiz: picodrive, snes9x4d, gnuboy,sms, any nes emulators...

renejr902 said:
note: all emulators i tried run better on wiz: picodrive, snes9x4d, gnuboy,sms, any nes emulators...
Isn't the Wiz's hardware better? I think that would explain it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Tux.King said:
renejr902 said:
Isn't the Wiz's hardware better? I think that would explain it :p

yeah you're right.

So i dont need it. I decide to sell it in the marketplace.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Dingoo is able to run picodrive, gnuboy, and SMS emulator well, but it looks worse because it's on an LCD rather than an AMOLED screen.

If you decide not to sell it after all, I'd advise starting from scratch using gmenu. With gmenu, it's almost exactly like setting up emulators on a GP2X.

Back