Pandora Looking For A Few People To Get Prerelease Pandoras

getting the system ready for ship at november 30th, how can you have time to do this? not that i like questioning the head of the project, but please don't make me add another date to my sig.

Qualifications: Experience with programming in LUA, C++, and pyhton.

Possible projects: Native web browser, Nintendo 64 emulator (depending on whether the interest is high enough), media players, interaction with other consoles such as a modded PSP or DS with a FlashCard.

Just thought I would apply, I normally have 9 hours a day free to do things. So, it's up to you.

CC_machine said:
getting the system ready for ship at november 30th, how can you have time to do this? not that i like questioning the head of the project, but please don't make me add another date to my sig.

Considering November 30th is like 24 hours away from December, you might as well add another date to your sig. You might want to also alter your Wiz line, as thats been delayed until February 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Considering November 30th is like 24 hours away from December, you might as well add another date to your sig. You might want to also alter your Wiz line, as thats been delayed until February 2009.

Did you mean I won't have my :pandora1: for Chrismas. that sad...

kamanashi said:
Qualifications: Experience with programming in LUA, C++, and pyhton.

Possible projects: Native web browser, Nintendo 64 emulator (depending on whether the interest is high enough), media players, interaction with other consoles such as a modded PSP or DS with a FlashCard.

Just thought I would apply, I normally have 9 hours a day free to do things. So, it's up to you.
The N64 emulator would obviously be wanted by all!

But i do like the sound of this interaction. It would be great to play some SNES over WI-FI against my PSP-toting friends

sebt3 said:
Squidge said:

Did you mean I won't have my :pandora1: for Chrismas. that sad...
How do I know? I meant what I said, not what you thought I meant :) If the Pandora is shipped on December the 1st, you should still get it before xmas, but I don't know when the Pandora will be shipped.

craig himself said "this is not a far off into 2009 project". if it does become one, i'll wait until after the 2nd batch ships on time before i can trust the guys enough to advertise Pandora to people for the third batch.

i could port puredata aka pd, i've done a port to the gumstix and work on an image for the alix boards.. getting it ready for the pandora will be possible.

Other than that I plan to use the pandora for streaming media and gps based games. So i must likely i will engage into porting required deamons...

let me know if this sounds high on the list.

/a

aleij said:
i could port puredata aka pd, i've done a port to the gumstix and work on an image for the alix boards.. getting it ready for the pandora will be possible.

Other than that I plan to use the pandora for streaming media and gps based games. So i must likely i will engage into porting required deamons...

let me know if this sounds high on the list.

/a
Give this man a pandora! A less cut down pd is top of my wish list.

I never even touched an n64.. might have to go and browse around to see if all the fuss is justified or if it would just be technically impressive.

My Site (DStemp.com) are interested in recieving one, but for reviewing purposes only.
We have already been able to talk to your sales manager who was happy to talk to us, but we have put it off until it is a better time for you to supply us.

Hi, saw this opportunity and decided to register for my first post.

Here is why Im probably the most qualified person on this board to work on a prerelease Pandora:

Im a Win32/Linux OpenGL driver programmer working for Imagination Technologies, the company that makes the SGX graphics IP inside the Pandora. At work I develop on an Omap 3430 devkit, which is very similar to the 3530 chipset used by the Pandora.

After work I tend to have lots of free time, and I would be prepared to commit time before Christmas and beyond to work on applications / kernel development.

Reply/message me if you're interested. Id like to discuss what exactly you need work done on.

whizmike said:

Here is why Im probably the most qualified person on this board to work on a prerelease Pandora:

Im a Win32/Linux OpenGL driver programmer working for Imagination Technologies, the company that makes the SGX graphics IP inside the Pandora. At work I develop on an Omap 3430 devkit, which is very similar to the 3530 chipset used by the Pandora.

After work I tend to have lots of free time, and I would be prepared to commit time before Christmas and beyond to work on applications / kernel development.

Reply/message me if you're interested. Id like to discuss what exactly you need work done on.
wow, if this is true I'm sure, maciek_urbanski will have alot to talk with you in the future. ^_^ Good luck for your Pandora! :)

Sure... if you can hit me up with one that would be awesome.

Personally, I'd like to make a port of the D language compiler (GDC) work on a Pandora since that is my biggest goal. Another possibility is an EasySync app for the Pandora so that, if you have documents you want to keep in parallel with the actual unit data (much like ActiveSync) you can be organized to a T. I am also offering $75 for the unit as sort of a courtesy donation to the project. I don't like getting things for free anyway. PM me back if you are interested in my offer. I can do PayPal. :)

Guru

whizmike said:

You win! :) I forfeit my Pandora to you (if I was even remotely considered for one of the pre releases... my preordered one is mineminemien)

Excellent... but I think that money talks louder than words or just pure experience. ;)
True, experience is key here and I am not denying that, but if you really want to make a difference, you put your money where your mouth is. For all we know, some of the folks wanting a dev unit could be wanting it for the sake of having it and not do squat with the hardware (or just want a free lunch). Just my perception.

Guru

Incidentally, I got my Beagle Board, and I'm working on getting E-UAE running on there. The Beagle Board is a pretty close analog to what we'll see on the Pandora, but it would be nice to have the stuff I'm doing integrated into the Pandora variant of Angstrom running on the second revision boards. Also of interest to me is atari800.

This way, I can get stuff done for the release :)

RhapsodyGuru said:
Excellent... but I think that money talks louder than words or just pure experience. ;)
True, experience is key here and I am not denying that, but if you really want to make a difference, you put your money where your mouth is. For all we know, some of the folks wanting a dev unit could be wanting it for the sake of having it and not do squat with the hardware (or just want a free lunch). Just my perception.
Guru

Don't know if that was targeted at developers in general, but I feel I should point out that I have ordered a pandora already :D

EdCa22 said:
RhapsodyGuru said:
Guru

Don't know if that was targeted at developers in general, but I feel I should point out that I have ordered a pandora already :D

Good... no I am not dissing anyone, I just think a dev with money should get better priority over the dev without money. It is more of a guarantee to CraigX that, "Yes I can dev for it, and to prove it, I am going to back up my mouth with money so I can get my point across". Every post I read, not one single person wanted to offer money for the unit. After all, the Pandora team is not flush with cash or anything.

P.S. Oh... congrats on buying your unit. You are a wonderful capitalist and supporter of the cause! :D

P.P.S. I wonder when CraigX is going to make his decision? It's the middle of November already and going FAST.

Guru

RhapsodyGuru said:
Good... no I am not dissing anyone, I just think a dev with money should get better priority over the dev without money. It is more of a guarantee to CraigX that, "Yes I can dev for it, and to prove it, I am going to back up my mouth with money so I can get my point across". Every post I read, not one single person wanted to offer money for the unit. After all, the Pandora team is not flush with cash or anything.

I would pay if necessary(for a pre-release). I've put my money down for a release Pandora, but I may be useful to some capacity, it depends who is more useful. :)
It's worth noting I would also have no problem in receiving Pandora with incomplete software. So long as I have some way of running a program (terminal, remote execution through wifi or whatever) It would be very handy for me to have a Pandora sooner rather than later from a dev perspective.

Also a few people have asked about costs in this thread, I don't think there has been a reply... I do see your point, however.

hey if you need some menial brain-dead pure boredom labor done (like creating a TON of packages from source or something) then i'd be willing to do that, i have experience with shell scripts, making deb packages and the like, and plenty of time on my hands.

Back