Looking for a script to run Xfe if it's found, but Thunar if it's not

Blue Protoman

A fantastic file manager! Way better than Thunar! So, you know that Thunar icon on the taskbar? I want to assign it to a script that will run Xfe (via a PND that always remains in a single location) if it's found on the SD card, or Thunar on the NAND if it's not. I'd prefer not to use pqr (which I have installed, and should be in by default), because it leaves an icon in the taskbar that I don't like seeing. Thanks!

(not tested)

something like :

Code:
#!/bin/sh

PND="/media/pandy/pandora/menu/xfe.pnd"

if [ -e "$PND" ];then

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "$PND" -e scripts/xfe.sh -b xfe

else

thunar

fi

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I just call the folder itself, then? And should I use a .PND extension anywhere?

A fantastic file manager! Way better than Thunar! So, you know that Thunar icon on the taskbar? I want to assign it to a script that will run Xfe (via a PND that always remains in a single location) if it's found on the SD card, or Thunar on the NAND if it's not. I'd prefer not to use pqr (which I have installed, and should be in by default), because it leaves an icon in the taskbar that I don't like seeing. Thanks!

thanks for the mini review :p . ill add a -q (quiet) param so that you can disable the little icon in a new version today. that should fix your issue ;) . then you can link xfe.pnd without being tied to a single location

Last edited by a moderator:
That's appreciated, but I got some help in the IRC already. Thanks. Perhaps I'll post a tutorial later.

Script works, but now I have two other problems;

1. How can I set the icons on the desktop to open any folders they may link to with Xfe, but Thunar if Xfe isn't found?

2. How can I set Xfe's home directory to somewhere besides the PND's mount point?

Back