Lugaru (beta) released

#1 GameMaster

Website
Visit site
Yet to try but getting ready to now. Just posting on here so more people know only seen it on Repo.

Anyone who thought it wouldn't happen now gets to eat their hat. (guessing it's going to be a fruit hat) :D

Edit: Here's the main discussion link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't work for me. Just a grey screen with the menu options as mouse represented as white squares. Clicking the top-left square (not the very top, centered one. I'm assuming that's the logo) doesn't seem to do much useful other than bring me to a differently-configured grey-white screen.

Have you done what it says in the readme?

I'm currently doing it.

copy all data (everything in the Data folder) to the appdata folder pandora/appdata/lugaru

Edit: There is a mistake in the readme: You need to copy Data/* to sd/pandora/appdata/lugaru/.lugaru/Data/

Edit: Runs, a bit too slow, but it works!

Yeah it took me a minute to figure it out but what you need to do is copy the "data folder" over to /appdata/lugaru because what I was doing was coping the stuff inside the data folder over and getting the grey screen too.

I got it working though and I'd have to say you did a great job on the port so far Pickle. I played through the tutorial and here are some things I noticed. There are a few graphical glitches and the load times are a little slow. The mouse sensitivity needs adjusted to be a little slower. Other than that it's great. Also when I used the data folder from the windows version I didn't get any music but with the linux version I did, and the windows version seemed to load a little faster but I don't know if that's just because it didn't have the music or not. Anyone else experience this? :huh:

Yeah it took me a minute to figure it out but what you need to do is copy the "data folder" over to /appdata/lugaru because what I was doing was coping the stuff inside the data folder over and getting the grey screen too.

I got it working though and I'd have to say you did a great job on the port so far Pickle. I played through the tutorial and here are some things I noticed. There are a few graphical glitches and the load times are a little slow. The mouse sensitivity needs adjusted to be a little slower. Other than that it's great. Also when I used the data folder from the windows version I didn't get any music but with the linux version I did, and the windows version seemed to load a little faster but I don't know if that's just because it didn't have the music or not. Anyone else experience this? :huh:

Strange, it worked but had no music when I copied Data/* to pandora/appdata/lugaru/.lugaru/Data (because I, too, copied Data/* instead of Data it didn't work first but I noted it created the .lugaru folder so I copied it there) but now, in appdata/lugaru/Data I've got music.

Now and again it freezes for a while. But great work so far though!

haha somebody should make a computer game variant of glitchy music :) This would be a start :) Very nice though to see more and more humble indie bundle games come to the pandora :D

If this gets working fullspeed with no glitches it would be THE game to show off the Pandora.

Keep up the good work Pickle :)

I have Lugaru installed under Linux - I'm too stupid to find the data folder, could someone point out the path for me?

you need your hidden folders to be shown and I believe that it should then show up in your main user folder something like ".lugaru" open that and there should be a data folder in there.

I have had no audio with this game.

Though all the rabbits beating me up by the mountains is funny. :p

found the Datafolder in ~/.config/lugaru

and copied to /appdata/lugaru/.lugaru/

you make hidden folders visible by pressing ctrl+h

Back