LXDE

commander-beef

Very Active Member
Im interested to know is there anyone that managed to install LXDE on newest SuperZaxxon? Im still using old firmware, because i installed there my beloved LXDE [among other things on NAND], and i dont want to go into XFCE bloatware again. Angstrom repo isnt working anymore this could be problematic to install LXDE.

BTW. Im not interested in porting LXDE myself [i have no time for that..]. 

Cheers.

its no problem where i'll install it [i might install it to SD as well], but from where i can get LXDE in opkg or pnd [installer] .. 

You can add the angstrom feeds manually to opkg.

No guarantee that you don't break anything though.

its no problem where i'll install it [i might install it to SD as well], but from where i can get LXDE in opkg or pnd [installer] .. 
I think you'll struggle to find a binary version.  It's hard to find packages from other distributions that are compatible with SZ.  Angstrom doesn't provide that feed anymore, and even when it did, LXDE had been removed from it.

I successfully installed LXDE on new SuperZaxxon (with a little bit of troubleshooting). I had to manually add/adjust angstrom repositories as the url paths to official angstrom don't work (they have changed).

Back