Making the pandora successor "green"?

But there are some researches in alternatives. Some uses oil from plants, which compete with plants making food for the growing world population. Others use the waste of plants we eat, like hay.
I have never knowingly eaten hay.
Is my English so bad?
Yeah, but don't worry - your English is better than my Utopian ;-)

The problem with using plant-based fuels and plastics is that natural habitats are being destroyed to make way for crops of this lucrative material. Bio-fuel is the worst for this at present.

We should avoid green alternatives where possible; I myself boycott anything products that are "organic", "Fair Trade" etc. and only buy products that I know have been created from non-reusable/non-sustainable sources.

D.

D.

Using the waste from our food production is an entirely different matter than growing crops for the sake of creating bio-stuff.

So low quality trolling... 0/10

Here is my efforts on a wiki section: http://pandorawiki.org/Pandora#Environmenal

Ac/Dc adapter optional? This is a simple fix.

Battery recycling program? If its required anyway and is in place(?) might as well mention it.

Some research into the parts used is free to do. Chips, capacitors, leds etc, do the manufacturers give out this info?

Also, where is the solder sourced from. That seemed to be the biggest point the fairphone made other than raising the issue. Maybe when it comes down to it its not that much fairer, because i know they couldnt get to the bottom of every issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the waste from our food production is an entirely different matter than growing crops for the sake of creating bio-stuff.
Absolutely - I'm all in favour of recycling where possible. It's when products are created from so-called "sustainable" sources that the real damage is done.

ComradeKingu seems to think I'm trolling - likely because he wants to believe that nobody could possibly hold my point of view in any seriousness - but I'm actually quite serious. There is no need for the P2 to be "Green" in anything but the use of recycled material, and even the worth of that is debateable.

D.

And you contributed nothing to that debate. You didn't have a view, you just blogged about what you do, and how everyone else should do the same, loosely based on sweeping logic on fuel resources.

Palm oil is the worst in depleting forests and re-purposing farmland, not first generation biofuels (which is what you describe). Because they arent very advanced, nor widespread. As the case very well could be if they were more lucrative, but thats for the market to decide when its legal to produce and buy the cheapest possible. In civilized nations this isn't the case though, as heavy restrictions are imposed on production.

I don't know why you put the word sustainable in quotes, to demonstrate your knowledge? Bring credence to the lack of argument? Because it left off at ill logic, and it started with you not buying a pandora, because the packaging from that is very much sustainable, being made from wood, which is s-u-s-t-a-i-n-a-b-l-e.

Is the successor somehow being made from edible organics on claimed land? Cant see what point you make, nor why you care, exploiting land to make goods for Europeans give nothing back irregardless of what the produce is.

Read the wiki entry, every single one of those there is a need for, some mandated by law.

2/10 got somewhat mad.

Edit: The succsessor is _probably_ not going to solve the worlds energy problems. That being said, nor does the state of the worlds energy problems hold the key to solving the pandoras production problems in relation to environmental issues. Lets stay on topic guise.

And you contributed nothing to that debate.
I think I did. You disagree. That is called a "discussion". We're contributing right now. And you wanting to censor my speech simply because you don't like me is very significant of the sort of person you are, but I believe others have called you out on that previously.

you just blogged about what you do, and how everyone else should do the same
No I didn't - go and re-read it. And then read it again just to make sure you really understand what I said.

D.

No, thats a dispute. I cant disagree if i dont understand the point. Dont lump me and you together, that isnt going anywhere, contributing noise is a meaningless variation over the theme "contribute". I am in no way sensoring your free speech, i asked you questions, and you replied with an attack on my person, backed up with opinions, of others. And then my implied reasoning, which im puzzled to read.

I understood just as much as i explained in my post above, colour me ignorant and please fill in the void.

You are quoting half of a sentence, which in full talks about half of the point that you failed to make before signing your post, twice.

What exactly does this contribute? (edit, on your part, ziz already made that point you are quoting)

I present to you: "Making the pandora successor "green"?"

But there are some researches in alternatives. Some uses oil from plants, which compete with plants making food for the growing world population. Others use the waste of plants we eat, like hay.
Is my English so bad?

The problem with using plant-based fuels and plastics is that natural habitats are being destroyed to make way for crops of this lucrative material. Bio-fuel is the worst for this at present.

We should avoid green alternatives where possible; I myself boycott anything products that are "organic", "Fair Trade" etc. and only buy products that I know have been created from non-reusable/non-sustainable sources.

D.

D.

manufacturers of the parts you integrate on the boards are mostly from China and I doubt they would disclose any info at all regarding where they source their raw materials.

Traceability is nicein theory but it doesnt work well in practice ince you rarely work with a single source of supply.

^Environmental friendly products are usually tied with protectism. (making new but senseless regulations that temporarily stops foreign products from destroying inferior local products) It's not like those politics really care about how future generations would eat radioactive rats or genetically modified burgers, they only care about how much green notes stuffed in their pocket each money via "donations".

ED doesn't have many choices to begin with, so he would have to work with what he has. 

No, thats a dispute. I cant disagree if i dont understand the point. Dont lump me and you together, that isnt going anywhere, contributing noise is a meaningless variation over the theme "contribute". I am in no way sensoring your free speech, i asked you questions, and you replied with an attack on my person, backed up with opinions, of others. And then my implied reasoning, which im puzzled to read.

I understood just as much as i explained in my post above, colour me ignorant and please fill in the void.

You are quoting half of a sentence, which in full talks about half of the point that you failed to make before signing your post, twice.

What exactly does this contribute? (edit, on your part, ziz already made that point you are quoting)

I present to you: "Making the pandora successor "green"?"

Is my English so bad?

D.

D.
Yeah, it's plainly obvious you're having difficulty with basic English here. You feel that because a point has already been made that I shouldn't make it again - you also seem to think that my opinions are unwelcome in any discussion you are participating in. You systematically went through my posts deconstructing and losing context, before implying that I should keep them to myself because, in your words, I didn't contribute anything. I think I did. Any reaction I may have had was based on your unwarranted attack in the beginning.

So back off, you're making yourself look very bad here.

D.

xiongxioi

You mean protectionism, which doesnt make a product environmentally friendly. It makes it however more lucrative. The EU does this all the time.

ekianjo

TI's new factories in Chengdu, China, Aizu, Japan, and Richardson, Texas, quickly addressing customer demand for these products. ...

In September 2011, TI also expanded its manufacturing footprint to include new factories in Maine, Scotland and Malaysia as a result of its acquisition of National Semiconductor.

Texas Instruments announced the purchase of its first chip factory in China on Friday. 15 Oct 2010

So it wasnt china for the OMAP 3530 at least.

The newest screen cable is from japan.

PCBs formerly made in the US now Germany.

Battery and Case made in china

Assembly formerly in the UK, now Germany.

WIFI, SoC, Audiostage made by TI in ?

PCB is made in china AFAIK.

Only populating it is made in germany.

Back