Mame 106 Any Thoughts?

^if you have the 2x icon on the desktop, select it and try and find some roms which work with it. Only found 2 so far. Going to try some ROMS from an earlier version and see if they work any better.

The thing with 2x scale is that it's exactly that: scaling by a factor of precisely two. If this makes the required resolution greater than that which the Pandora can support, it won't work. Games like the Street Fighter II series look great in 2x. Stuff with less standard resolutions (e.g. R-Type, which has 256 lines) don't work with 2x scale. Hopefully some future release will have some kind of screen stretch to make the most of the available real estate.

PuLiRula Works very well at 600Mhz - Awesome game!

vyt9n9.jpg

x68000, that amuses me to no end. I've never played it, but I have heard the utterly bizarre soundtrack. Now it's stuck in my head all over again. :lol:

(For the uninitiated, Pu-Li-Ru-La at least warrants reading about. :p)

R Type Leo works almost flawlessly at 850Mhz (may work on less) and is worth buying a Pandora for on it's own! My best Pandora moment so far!

14v1jbr.jpg

850 MHz, you say? How well does the Pandora run at that clock speed?

Prometheus said:
x68000, that amuses me to no end. I've never played it, but I have heard the utterly bizarre soundtrack. Now it's stuck in my head all over again. :lol:

(For the uninitiated, Pu-Li-Ru-La at least warrants reading about. :p )
You can buy it for the Japanese Saturn and PS1 under the name PuLiRuLa Arcade Gears, programmed by Taito and published by Xing. Also available on the FM Towns and released by Ving.

Love that soundtrack!

Last edited by a moderator:
@x68000 - While you're here, I don't suppose you'd mind trying out Bubble Symphony, would you, please? :) (I hate asking, since I already asked about Mappy, but it just popped into my head. :lol: )

x68000 said:
^ Ahem, SF Zero/Alpha 3 - PERFECT at 850Mhz - Words cannot describe how happy i am!

SCREEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
This makes me extremely happy too!!!
Is it possible that you could test out Dodonpachi or Esp-Rade please?

Edit* Have any of the pandora owners had any problems not being able to clock to 850Mhz?

worzyl said:
x68000 said:
^ Ahem, SF Zero/Alpha 3 - PERFECT at 850Mhz - Words cannot describe how happy i am!

SCREEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
This makes me extremely happy too!!!
Is it possible that you could test out Dodonpachi or Esp-Rade please?
Great Idea!

Remember that this is totally unoptimised for the Pandora. AFAIK most can o/c to 800Mhz without any trouble.

x68000 said:
Remember that this is totally unoptimised for the Pandora. AFAIK most can o/c to 800Mhz without any trouble.

Excellent!! Cant wait for the Dodonpachi/Esp Rade results!!!
Currently sitting in between batch 1600-1700 and looking forward to receiving this:)

Back