Mame 106 Any Thoughts?

WOW. Every new game I hear working well, even overclocked, is like opening a new present at Xmas. I can't wait for mine to arrive! We'll I mean I can wait, kinda have to but all this just tells me It's going to kick even more ass by the time it gets here!

I'm kinda curious about Bionic commando and Aliens Vs Predator...

i have to say it again... holy sh**!

all these games at full speed, with perfect gaming controls... in your hand!! :eek:

can't wait for my panda!

worzyl said:
x68000 said:
Remember that this is totally unoptimised for the Pandora. AFAIK most can o/c to 800Mhz without any trouble.

Excellent!! Cant wait for the Dodonpachi/Esp Rade results!!!
Currently sitting in between batch 1600-1700 and looking forward to receiving this:)

Esp Ra.De. & DoDonPachi both work as well as they do on any version of MAME i have tried regardless of system. Only issues are that the screen size is small with it being a vertical shooter and cannot be made to scale up 2x. I'm sure there will be a workaround - ahem ahem Steve ;) (maybe a tate mode?)

Other issue is that the sound crackles badly when you first start playing, but a quick press of the Pause button (p) and then unpausing fixes the issue and it plays without any distortion.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
worzyl said:
x68000 said:
Remember that this is totally unoptimised for the Pandora. AFAIK most can o/c to 800Mhz without any trouble.

Excellent!! Cant wait for the Dodonpachi/Esp Rade results!!!
Currently sitting in between batch 1600-1700 and looking forward to receiving this:)

Esp Ra.De. & DoDonPachi both work as well as they do on any version of MAME i have tried regardless of system. Only issues are that the screen size is small with it being a vertical shooter and cannot be made to scale up 2x. I'm sure there will be a workaround - ahem ahem Steve ;) (maybe a tate mode?)

Other issue is that the sound crackles badly when you first start playing, but a quick press of the Pause button (p) and then unpausing fixes the issue and it plays without any distortion.

Brilliant news and thanks for sharing:)!
I know I'm asking a bit much here, but if you have anytime to post any videos of any of the current games you've been testing to satisfy our eager eyes, that would be beautiful.

Thanks for sharing all your results, x68000! Like others have said before, every one of your posts makes me want my Pandora even more!

Edit: x68000, can you test out Esp Ra.De, DonPachi, Aero Fighters, Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings 2 and 3, and 1941? Thanks!

x68000 said:
atomicthumbs said:
Do any Raiden games work with this?
Off to find out now :)
NOPE! None at all i'm afraid. Tried 20 romsets in total of every version made. Have a feeling that some of the newer Raiden games have a special encryption method that MAME cannot open up.

x68000 said:
Only issues are that the screen size is small with it being a vertical shooter and cannot be made to scale up 2x. I'm sure there will be a workaround - ahem ahem Steve ;) (maybe a tate mode?)
Don't look at me ;-) This is Cpasjuste's build, I just PND'd it. There are more options to play with (rotation included) if you mount the PND (e.g. sudo mount -o loop /path/to/mame106.pnd /mnt/something) or otherwise extract the executable and run it from the command line. The --help argument lists all supported options.

It could be that arbitrary scaling is a feature of later versions of MAME. I could look at compiling a later version, but the chances are performance would suffer as the focus is on accuracy as opposed to speed. Of course, it should be possible to backport features from newer versions to 106, but that might not exactly be a trivial task...

Some of these we've seen from Craig, but it would be nice to know what clockspeeds they run at. Can we see Outrun, Golden Axe, and Metal Slug? Also someone mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I loved that game as a kid! Also, how about the arcade version of Radiant Silvergun, although I really don't think it'll run. I acutally have no idea if it works on MAME on the PC :/.

What are he various useful keys? Ie - how do you remap buttons? I see p is pause. Build us a summary and maybe they'll add a doc page to the pnd

jeffphone

Back