Mame 106 Any Thoughts?

Thanks for the screenshots x68000 they look fantastic :)

Please can you try Mortal Kombat 2 I just want to see it displayed on the Pandora's great screen please? :p

Super Offroad one of my favs, it's great to see it running on a unoptimised version :)

Keep them coming please +10000 to this thread btw :D

x68000 said:
Has anyone found a game that 850Mhz isn't enough?
Afterburner 2 struggles badly at any speed :( May be a driver issue

Other games which where too slow or had other glitches include:

Puzzle Bobble 2,3,4
Bubble Bobble II/Symphony
Xexex
After Burner II
Mars Matrix
[/quote]
Thanks for all the feedback. :)
Does any one know how they play on pc running equivalent mame version?

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo said:

http://www.fileplanet.com/163620/download/MAME-32-Pro-Special!-0.106

:)

joshwaan2k said:
Na-Noo said:

http://www.fileplanet.com/163620/download/MAME-32-Pro-Special!-0.106

:)
haha thanks,
Although I'll not be trying it out, may consider the Pandora version when I get it.
Gaming still down on my reasons for Pandora, apart from the odd game.
Have to admit this is giving me an itch to play games that I've not had for years though. (which is what I'd hoped for)
:lol:

x68000 said:
AVP - 850Mhz - Perfect (amazing game!)

if0iza.jpg

Dude... the second I saw this I started salivating. no lie.

Caine said:
(Knowing my luck, my own unit will not overclock any higher than 650 Mhz).
I think it's safe to say that it is more likely your unit will be defective than not be able to overclock to at least 720 MHz.

Any chance you could test G-Darius? It's the only real MAME game I've played and still only found about it from the PS1 port. I am expecting it not to work at all but would be cool to know what to expect.

^i doubt it will work or even just load on this build tbh. Compatibility will be hugely improved once someone gets to grips with a pandora specific port :)

Since AVP runs nicely, does that mean we also have the DnD games or all CPS-2 games? The main other game a lot of people may be interested in is Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, but I'm pretty sure CPS-3 wasn't available in Mame 106.

joshwaan2k said:
Yeah I'd say all CPS2 games be playable is SFA3 works great :)
I guess with a dedicated (CPS2) Emulator onto the Pandora, we could run these games full speed at 300MHz or less? ^^
It already played VERY well onto the GP2X at only 266MHz. :)

Noisome said:
x68000 said:
Any requests?

Black Tiger and Street Fighter Alpha 2 and Last Blade.

Pleaze!

I started to take some photos when I realized the camera I was using was indeed a video camera too!. I did a short snippet of black tiger. I will try and do something better tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq2WXvoI5LE

Edit: Forgot to mention black tiger was running smooth at 500mhz. I was running it in 2x scale, although it didn't scale full screen :(

And a couple of pics
Cadillacs and dinosaurs
1-6.jpg

Punisher
2-3.jpg

Fusion power I also hope this happens.

Sarlix thanks, post more mate those pics are very clear :)

Really shows how good the Pandora's screen is :)

p.s could you do MK2 ?

i really hope mame .106 gets fully optimized for pandora(tear in eye). someone try a light gun game like operation wolf and see if you can use the touchscreen and stylus in place of the gun. mame .106 on pandora is a dream come true.

zohnnyg said:
i really hope mame .106 gets fully optimized for pandora(tear in eye). someone try a light gun game like operation wolf and see if you can use the touchscreen and stylus in place of the gun. mame .106 on pandora is a dream come true.

bigger n better things coming.

DaveC Thank You, best DPad for MAME ever!

PP

x68000 said:
x68000 said:
atomicthumbs said:
Do any Raiden games work with this?
Off to find out now :)
NOPE! None at all i'm afraid. Tried 20 romsets in total of every version made. Have a feeling that some of the newer Raiden games have a special encryption method that MAME cannot open up.

Ding!

I got Raiden working. I can't get it going in mame 2x scale so the screen is literally postage stamp size lol.

Some pics :)

raiden.jpg

r2.jpg

Here is one to give you a scale of the size we're talking about

postage.jpg

@Joshwaan2k

I got MK2 going too, although it runs like a dog and with no sound. I will try running it again at a higher MHZ and report back. Again I can't get it to run in x2 scale. Maybe x68000 knows why this is?

here ya go!

mk2.jpg

mk22.jpg

Back