Mame/amiga/atari 4 Dingoo Eta?

Mjlink

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
This info initially appeared on GBAX.com & has been included on the marketing info from Dingoo themselves.

Who is working on these ports officially?

Any timeframe on progress/release?

Peace

Link

I'm going to put some serious effort in to the Dingoo from next week, so you should start hearing things then.

Last edited by a moderator:
'craigix' said:
I'm going to put some serious effort in to the Dingoo from next week, so you should start hearing things then.
Hi Craig

I wonder how you feel about dingoo claiming that THEY are working on these emulators.

Dingoo's description of the A320

Take a look under Key Specifications/special features

Looks like your words to me :)

Hope you manage to get somewhere with new emulators for this system. I was originally down for a Pandora but am a bit too poor these days :( The Dingoo will fit the gap nicely.

What the heck is going on with submitting links on here?
Would a mod mind fixing the link above please and help point out where I am being stupid?

Cheers,
Mike

a while back the forums were hacked and when they were repaired a few bugs appeared.

1) links dont work, you can get around this by not using link tags and either leaving out the http or putting the link in code tags.

2) apostrophes multiply. I only typed one apostrophe here: '

if you quote this the apostrophes will multiply in the quote.

these problems cant be fixed because the big boss of gp32x (Hando) hasnt been seen in so long that newbies think hes just a myth created to scare bad posters.

On topic:

cool news Craig, are you planning on revamping the current emulators too or just adding new ones?

'Atomic Man' said:
cool news Craig, are you planning on revamping the current emulators too or just adding new ones?
We could really use a picodrive port... ;]

I'm busy seeing who wants free A320s, Zod is already getting ready to port MAME, I'll be sending more units out to people this weekend.

I should be giving the Dingoo some much-needed exposure this week, as Craig already knows :)

It would be great to see some decent emulators on this thing. The current ones are shoddy ports, to say the least, but the console has so much potential - I hope it manages to realise at least some of it.

Just got my dingoo this morning from gbax,(good and quick service as usual).
Very pleased with it,just hope it takes off like the gp2x.

Zod is porting MAME?!?!? And this player is actually more powerful than a GP2X?

These two statements just sold the A320 for me. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is anybody looking at replacing uc/osII with linux? Could that be a solution to the firmware bugs, or are Dingoo gonna release a firmware update that fixes things like the button problem?
And any news on SDL? Heaps of games and emulators could be ported to the a320 with relative ease if it had SDL. Would using linux make it easier to get sdl working?

I don't really see what Linux would bring to a device like the A320. The existing operating system already supports all of the hardware and boots pretty much instantly.

With some work SDL might be made to sit on top of S2D - but I'm not volunteering to do it! :D

Originally I thought it was based on linux to begin with since you can grab the suggested kernel and a patch to build it for the dingoo. But as firefox said there is not much point if you can just figure out how to build for ucos instead, and since that source is also released it shouldn't be much of a problem. I had already compiled the linux kernel and snes9x based on that for the dingoo but now i want to move over to looking at ucos since im unfamiliar with it and see how hard it would be to just compile for that instead.

ezelkow1, did you get to test what you ported on the hardware? I was wondering how it would perform in comparison to the existing os.

Im still waiting on my dingoo to arrive. Ive been trying to get the kernel built, which I believe i have done and Ive been trying to run it on qemu using some patches from a google code page. I have it loading the kernel, or at least trying to, but it never finishes. The original compile of snes9x I did wont run on the existing software as from other posts have shown its not actually running linux out of the box. I want to try to find out how to compile natively for the uCOSII os that is on there to begin with but that doesnt seem as straight forward as linux. When I have some more time Im going to try looking into that, but as of now I dont think anything I have compiled will run.

Mjlink posted on May 31 2009 at 05:04 PM said:
Read on another board a quote from a third board that MAME & Atari were gonna drop in May. It's June in China right now.

Hoping
I wonder what kind of performance we can expect out of this with dosbox, Amiga and mame? Dosbox and Amiga are somewhat disappointing on the gp2x, but then again dosbox performance is poor on Powerpc and x86 so I guess it's not surprising. It would be nice if someone wrote a high speed pc (say a 386sx with vga and a sb) emulator that was built for speed, if I had the talent, I would sure do it.

Chris

So craigix, do you mind updating us A320 users on what's happening behind the scenes? How are the talks with Dingoo going?

We haven't heard from you here for a while B)

I think they are waiting for Linux...
Or would MAME and stuff be possible with the original firmware?

I think they are waiting for Linux...
That doesn't make sense. Craigx said "we're working on MAME and Atari" way before booboo began to work on linux so you must read between lines. What craigx really meant to say was : "I've sent a Dingoo to Zoddtd and he'll "try" to port Franxis' Mame4All, the chances are almost zero but hype always helps to raise sales" 

Hmm ok, thanks for explaining. I´m not that long into the homebrew stuff, but from what i can tell, Zoddtd is a very busy person, so i understand that things take time. But the announcement ofcourse created some excitement under Dingoo owners.

Back