Mame Exerion

slaanesh

Certified Guru
Website
www.slaanesh.net
I've been looking at getting Exerion completely working on GP32/GP2x MAME.

Big breakthrough, I've got the background and colors all working properly. This required using drivers from 0.37b1 and 0.57 and merging and converting everything.

I've also made it so that you can use either the 0.34 or the *latest* ROM set for this game (only) as it had a sprite PROM upgrade to correct the sprite colors.

exerion.jpg

Available next release of GP32 MAME (and I'll pass on the drivers to Franxis for the GP2X version).

WOW! Does this mean the possiblity of a future GPMAME upgrade from 0.34 to 0.37 or higher? Now that's exciting! :D

DisgruntleElf posted on Aug 13 2006 at 02:05 PM said:
WOW! Does this mean the possiblity of a future GPMAME upgrade from 0.34 to 0.37 or higher? Now that's exciting! :D
Yes it does, sort of. It depends on how the game is implemented.

I'm looking at doing Wardner now (which is causing problems) and then Pole Position as there are no good car racing games on GP32 MAME. It will run slow, but it's better than nothing! :)

As for Wardner, it uses a later version of the Twin Cobra driver. I tried it but it completely stuffs up Twin Cobra.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh posted on Aug 16 2006 at 05:48 PM said:
Yes it does, sort of. It depends on how the game is implemented.

Well I really appreciate you taking your time and experimenting with ways to take GPMAME to next level. It already sounds like you've made some terrific progress.
Pole Position may be slow but I'm sure you'll fine tune the controls to perfection.
Strange. Wardner works on PalmMAME but Twin Cobra sticks on the board check. Coincidence?
You know if you keep all your MAME secrets exclusively to the GP32 only you'll own all the MAME highscores :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back