Mame Gp2x 3.3

does anyone know what some of the most recent good mame games are that work on the gp are, also what is the best racing game that works.

Some nice new additions there...

I think Marine Boy was the best verticle scrolling fish harpooning game to come out of 1982 and Tropical Angel was easily the best arcade water-skiing simulator of 83.

i finally tested t his emu, and WOW its great, i love playing all the classic arcade games on this, but do games like bomberman and pole position work? cause those 2 have to be some of my favorites, and the game list didnt mention them at all, so do they work?

Some nice new additions there...

I think Marine Boy was the best verticle scrolling fish harpooning game to come out of 1982 and Tropical Angel was easily the best arcade water-skiing simulator of 83.
That's exactly what I thought!

Try River Patrol too - from the makers of Marine Boy! The best vertical scrolling river rescue simulation of the early 80's! <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone know what some of the most recent good mame games are that work on the gp are, also what is the best racing game that works.

The older ones are the best, don'tchaknow? Anyway, try Captain Commando, Viewpoint, Liquid Kids, Megaman Power Battles, Prehistoric Isle...

But I strongly urge you to explore a few "older" games, they are a lot of fun.

For racing, I like Neo Drift Out (might run better in GNGeo?) and Roadblasters :)

i do love old games, and i have plenty of those, i was just curious about new games to see what the new version could do. Thanks for the suggestions, ill check those out, I have (and love) neodrift, i have yet to try roadblasters

i finally tested t his emu, and WOW its great, i love playing all the classic arcade games on this, but do games like bomberman and pole position work? cause those 2 have to be some of my favorites, and the game list didnt mention them at all, so do they work?

Pole Position does not (yet) work. My hope is that Slaneesh manages to add this game to the gp32 version of the mame emulator. If this happens, then it willprobably not take a long time until Fraxis implements it to the gp2x version.

Partial Off-topic:

Next MAME GP2X 3.4 version will have sound in CPS-1 Q-Sound games (Punisher, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, Warriors of Fate...). Thanks to the work of Chui. :eek:

:( still cant get Mortal Kombat to work :p

It´s a normal thing, Mortal Kombat was added in MAME PC in that early MAME build but it does not work until a later MAME PC build.It´s normal in MAME updates in PC to add althought it doesn´t work ;)
NARC and NBA JAM are not working too.

It´s a normal thing, Mortal Kombat was added in MAME PC in that early MAME build but it does not work until a later MAME PC build.It´s normal in MAME updates in PC to add althought it doesn´t work ;)

PC Mame 0.34 runs MK1 & 2 (not 3) 100% fine ;) so must be something missing in the GP2x version.

Yes, MAME GP2X does not support 16 bit color video modes. Then such games hangs-up (Mortal Kombat, NARC, NBA Jam, etc)...

PC Mame 0.34 runs MK1 & 2 (not 3) 100% fine ;) so must be something missing in the GP2x version.

Yes, MAME GP2X does not support 16 bit color video modes. Then such games hangs-up (Mortal Kombat, NARC, NBA Jam, etc)...

Thanks for clarification Franxis :), maybe one day we'll be lucky enough to get a version thats 103 compatable and 16-bit :D

Are there any plans for supporting the Irem M72 games? i.e. R-Type ???

It seems to be the one major classic game missing at the moment.

i'm an R-Type nut and notice a big difference between the pce version and the arcade. the pce version
scrolls vertically too which is somewhat annoying.

For now just play the PCE version, it is damned near arcade perfect.

Yeah but there is no perfect PCE *emulator* ;)

*bit off topic* But hu6280 is pretty good, runs R-TypeI & II, Gradius, Darius (series), Ninja Warriors, Shinobi at full speeds :D

Back