Mame Gp2x 3.5

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with the following bug-fixes:

- Fixed: No sound after playing some games. The problem was located in the streams sound library.
- Fixed: Crashes on exit. The problem seemed to be in the unmapping of the upper memory area (32-64 Mb).
- Fixed: Timing was not ok sometimes. Better sound quality now in some of the oldest games.
- Fixed: Some messages in the loading game screen were corrupted.

Download it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (www.gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Craigix (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, SBock, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor, Gianluca Lazzari, Niche IP Solutions, Jason, Thomas Seban, Miq01, Paul Carter, Freddy Deniau, Mustafa Beciragic, Ian Rawlings, Domenico Calcagno, pongplaya, Aruseman, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net), www.gp32spain.com, www.gp2xspain.com, Darkman, Chaos Engineer, Ian Buxton, Martin M Pedersen, Philip Trottman, Gary Ross, Fat Agnus, Austin Holdsworth, Paul Johns, Gaterooze, Elizabeth Burrow, Godmil, rooster, Dark_Warlock, Danilo Gadza, Christopher Millward, Hando (www.gp32x.de).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow cool that was a fast update :)

Thanks again for the fantastic work.

well, lemme be the one to break up the guru-only topic...

thanks as always, Franxis, you do great work! :D
do you see the simpsons or x-men being supported sometime in the future? Just wondering as I've been wanting to play those since you started working on the GP32 port, but I didn't want to pester you about it because you do enough ;) Just thought I'd ask...

thanks again!

If I may answer the previous question:

Probably not as the Konami games required a new CPU not supported in 0.34 MAME. Though, it's not impossible to convert it back to 0.34, it would take a lot of time.

Looking forward to testing this version!

If I may answer the previous question:

Probably not as the Konami games required a new CPU not supported in 0.34 MAME. Though, it's not impossible to convert it back to 0.34, it would take a lot of time.

Looking forward to testing this version!

Small thing since you are the sample guru for MAME.

In DK and DKjr the samples pop at the very beginning everytime they are played. Do you know what that pop is caused from? can it be fixed?

I also noticed in DKjr when the character lands and the "thump" sound is played there is a 1 second long "zzzzt" static that is played a second or two after the "thump". So it kind of goes lke this: "thump"........ZZZZT" "thump"........ZZZZT" etc. What causes that? is that in the sample itself or is is a code thing?

@ Franxis the sound quality seems the same as in the previous version. I think there was no missing note this time but I will test more. Thanks again.

Some PD information:

Pang and Super Pang are broken since v3.4. I have solved the problem and they will be running again in the next version (3.6). Also probably i will fix Rodland that was broken in v2.8. And probably a will take a look to Bosconian that was broken in first MAME4all integration (2.4?). I want to make an stable version for enough time to spend my spare time colaborating in a new project. Regards.

DaveC, the sound seems better for me... It's not the same than in previous versions without the sound thread, but i think is ok for now...

Also probably i will fix Rodland that was broken in v2.8.

Rodland is one of my old favourites since I had the Gameboy version. It'd be great to see this up and running again. It just seems to crash out when you press start. I'm not worried about sound personally as most of the use my GP2x gets is on long train journeys or the like where silence is all that's acceptable!

As always nice work Franxis :) Thanks.

I'm curious, has anyone got Gal's Panic to work on any versions? the last few I've tried haven't worked, wondering if it ever did? Thanks (comes up with 'service SW error' after the roms have loaded :/

Also I'm curious, why are there 3 executables... I'm taken it for granted for ages but I'd love a proper explanation. I noticed in the readme it suggests that the Fast version has a different Z80 core, so I'll guess that it hasn't replaced the normal version because of some compatibility issues? It just seems strange for a program to split into 3 like this.

Bug report:

Berzerk still freezes when trying to exit.
Battlezone still has that funky buzzing sound.

Oh yeah, Battlezone. I think I'd fixed that and forgot to send the driver to Franxis.. :D

Slaanesh, i want such fix :lol: !!!

Some more WIP:
- Fixed: Pang and Super Pang were not running since 3.4 version.
- Fixed: When closing game Berzerk the GP2X hangs-up.
- Chui Fixed: The sound was muted after playing games with encrypted roms (e.g. CPS-1 Q-Sound games).
- Chui Fixed: Bosconian (among others) are working again, the problem stands since 2.2 version.

when i play the king of dragon

at red dragon that last boss

i cann't see almost breathes. :(

when i use mame for gp2x 3.0 i can saw that

I noticed the same thing for Punisher & Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. There seem to be some characters missing here and there.

For Punisher, the wheels of the cars are missing.

For Cadillacs, the shadow of the car seems to be in the wrong position.

For Final Fight, when the game is over, the continue screen has incorrect graphics.

BTW: What was the problem with Bosconian?

I noticed the same thing for Punisher & Cadillacs and Dinosaurs. There seem to be some characters missing here and there.

For Punisher, the wheels of the cars are missing.

For Cadillacs, the shadow of the car seems to be in the wrong position.

For Final Fight, when the game is over, the continue screen has incorrect graphics.

I will send you the latest source code this evening... Maybe some games you are trying to add without success will run with latest changes. The problem in Bosconian was located in sndhrdw/generic.cpp and was related to a dummy sound functions...

I will send you the latest source code this evening... Maybe some games you are trying to add without success will run with latest changes. The problem in Bosconian was located in sndhrdw/generic.cpp and was related to a dummy sound functions...

Excellent news!

Looking forward to the new code.

Back