Mame Gp2x 3.6

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with the following bug-fixes:

- Fixed: The sound was muted after playing games with encrypted roms (e.g. CPS-1 Q-Sound games). Thanks to Chui: http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/index.html
- Fixed: Bosconian (among many others) are working again, the problem stands since v2.2. Thanks to Chui.
- Fixed: Sound in Battle Zone fixed. Thanks to Slaanesh: http://users.bigpond.net.au/mame/gp32/
- Fixed: Pang and Super Pang were not running since v3.4.
- Fixed: When closing game Berzerk the GP2X hangs-up.
- Added the auto-run capability. If you want to use this feature, turn on autorun in the settings menu of the GP2X. Thanks to subcon959.

Download it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/[cut]

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (www.gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Craigix (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, SBock, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor, Gianluca Lazzari, Niche IP Solutions, Jason, Thomas Seban, Miq01, Paul Carter, Freddy Deniau, Mustafa Beciragic, Ian Rawlings, Domenico Calcagno, pongplaya, Aruseman, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net), www.gp32spain.com, www.gp2xspain.com, Darkman, Chaos Engineer, Ian Buxton, Martin M Pedersen, Philip Trottman, Gary Ross, Fat Agnus, Austin Holdsworth, Paul Johns, Gaterooze, Elizabeth Burrow, Godmil, rooster, Dark_Warlock, Danilo Gadza, Gadget, Hando (www.gp32x.de), Gary Miller.[/cut]

Last edited by a moderator:
Give me some time to put the program on my card before you update again! :D

Awesome... finally Bosconian at fullspeed again. I'm very happy! :)

And Q-Sound games are great too!

Can people post which games are now working as a result of the "Bosconian" bug being fixed?
ie. Games broken since v2.2? I'm very curious.

EDIT: List of fixed games
Bosconian
Targ
Pepper II

Can people post which games are now working as a result of the "Bosconian" bug being fixed?

Bosconian
Targ

OMG. i don't know what to write except thank you thank you thank you!

Bosconian
Targ

PepperII works again too... Now only if it had *sound*

I had a quick look at Pepper II. It would be a fair bit of work to make sound function as the sound chips are not properly implemented in 0.34. It's not impossible, just a fair bit of work.

Actually, I just had a look at RoadBlasters And Indianna Jones. It seems they work but only in the compatible .gpe. According to the mameworld, there were fixes required to the 68K ASM core to get these going.

What this means is that there is a difference between Cyclone and the standard MAME 68000 CPU driver.

Anyway, perhaps FAME might be a better in the compatible .gpe as the standard MAME 68000 CPU driver is dead slow... (although seemingly compatible).

i seem to spend more time updating mame than playing it - but that's all for the good - great work!

I had a quick look at Pepper II. It would be a fair bit of work to make sound function as the sound chips are not properly implemented in 0.34. It's not impossible, just a fair bit of work.

Actually, I just had a look at RoadBlasters And Indianna Jones. It seems they work but only in the compatible .gpe. According to the mameworld, there were fixes required to the 68K ASM core to get these going.

What this means is that there is a difference between Cyclone and the standard MAME 68000 CPU driver.

Anyway, perhaps FAME might be a better in the compatible .gpe as the standard MAME 68000 CPU driver is dead slow... (although seemingly compatible).

Games running with the M68k C code and not running with Cyclone or FAME/C: Road Blasters, Indiana Jones and Wind Jammers. (i have the compatible executable only to play these 3 games). Any more? I expect don't.

Speaking with Chui, he told me it is very difficult to run Indiana Jones because there is an special CpuSetOpBase for this game that has to be checked for each opcode (there some kind of special protection for this game). Then it is very difficult to run this game with the ASM cores because the core can't access memory directly.

About Road Blasters, it does not run with Cyclone nor FAME/C but it works with FAMEx86. It seems to be a bug in such cores.

About Wind Jammers, i don't know why this game doesn't run with the ASM cores because there is nothing special with it. The ASM cores run correctly with all Neo·Geo games but this game. I have taken a look to MAME upper versions but nothing related to the compatibility of this game for a long time...

Regards.

About Road Blasters, it does not run with Cyclone nor FAME/C but it works with FAMEx86. It seems to be a bug in such cores.
Well, now that I've seen Roadblasters running, I want it to run faster than 13FPS - Cyclone should be able to manage >20FPS easily, if not 30.
Mameworld mentions where the fix is made, so I'll have a look and see if this can be fixed in Cyclone.

• Yay!! battlezone sounds fine now!
• YAY!! Berzerk no longer crashes on exit!!

Thank you again Franxis and slaanesh :)

Thank you for the update! I think Pang may still have some crash bugs in it's driver though... If I play it for a while, it will hang my gp2x. Details: rom was verified with the included .dat, fresh batteries, clock at 250, audio and video cpu's emulated at 100%, audio enabled.

I hate to be one of those guys that begs for features, but is there any chance of seeing Pandora's Palace supported in a future version? It's a fun platformer that is one of the obscure classics in MAME, as far as I'm concerned. It seems to have been added to MAME early in the 0.36 releases... I have no idea what's involved in back-porting the driver, so if it's not really possible, then no big deal, just thought I'd ask.

--Zero

TelcoLou said:
New bug:

Berzerk does not save any high scores.

No problems here with Berzerk. Delete the "berzerk.hi" file and try again.

I've noticed something since version 3.5...

I can't get Space Invaders to work. Do you guys have the same problem?

Back