Mame Gp2x 2.3

fragglerok posted on May 10 2006 at 01:22 AM said:
Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 07:15 PM said:
Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 09:36 AM said:
fragglerok posted on May 9 2006 at 08:28 AM said:
anyone know if super punchout and trojan are working yet?

Trojan: With standard executable, video 100%, audio 100% -> IT RUNS!

tried a different rom set and get the same thing starts ok, when you run the game it gets as far as the starting mission then back to the title screen

i'm playing with Trojan just now... STANDARD EXECUTABLE, VIDEO 100%, AUDIO 100%

Last edited by a moderator:
Franxis posted on May 10 2006 at 10:41 PM said:
fragglerok posted on May 10 2006 at 01:22 AM said:
Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 07:15 PM said:
Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 09:36 AM said:
fragglerok posted on May 9 2006 at 08:28 AM said:
anyone know if super punchout and trojan are working yet?

Trojan: With standard executable, video 100%, audio 100% -> IT RUNS!

tried a different rom set and get the same thing starts ok, when you run the game it gets as far as the starting mission then back to the title screen

i'm playing with Trojan just now... STANDARD EXECUTABLE, VIDEO 100%, AUDIO 100%

Ill have to retry to build the romset, i love trojan :)

Cool release.

I still notice that there is a faint white line on the left side of the screen and the screen is slightly brighter on the left and the black level is not quite black (It is just like the LCD adjuster when too far left). It would be nice to have the line gone and pure black again. It has done this for a few versions now, any idea what causes it?

Also the controls for Millipede are still broken. They work a little better but still not right. When you let off of the stick your shooter should stop. In this one it keeps moving in the X direction and you can only change direction but not stop. I tried playing with sensitivity but no luck (if you set to zero the emu totally locks up).

Dave

There is a small bug : every time I try to run a game at 280 Mhz or above, the first file always get a CRC error.

ploupi posted on May 31 2006 at 10:41 PM said:
There is a small bug : every time I try to run a game at 280 Mhz or above, the first file always get a CRC error.

Change to 275 MHz :rolleyes:

slaanesh posted on May 10 2006 at 01:03 AM said:
I also get random garbage for Gauntlet at the side of the screen when I am in stretched mode.
Gauntlet horizontal resolution is a little bit > 320, so that must be the problem?
It is solved in my last WIP version.

DaveC posted on May 11 2006 at 02:11 AM said:
Also the controls for Millipede are still broken. They work a little better but still not right. When you let off of the stick your shooter should stop. In this one it keeps moving in the X direction and you can only change direction but not stop. I tried playing with sensitivity but no luck (if you set to zero the emu totally locks up).

I don't understand why they are still broken. I have cloned the changes done by Slaanesh in MAME GP32, but they are not running ok... :eek: :(

I don't understand why they are still broken. I have cloned the changes done by Slaanesh in MAME GP32, but they are not running ok... :eek: :(

In the next release could you please remove the LCD settings override that you have in MAME.

We already have:
1) the embedded firmware lcd utility
2) the script launched before any app

That is enough to set the screen but MAME overrides them all giving us only the settings that you want us to have. The problem is not all units are like yours and can give us line on left, washing out, wavy lines etc. There are M1, M2, different FWs, different resistor values and they all behave different. It would be nice to allow the optimum settings for us that we set our screens at to stay when we load MAME. Thanks again for everything.

In the next release could you please remove the LCD settings override that you have in MAME.

We already have:

That is enough to set the screen but MAME overrides them all giving us only the settings that you want us to have. The problem is not all units are like yours and can give us line on left, washing out, wavy lines etc. There are M1, M2, different FWs, different resistor values and they all behave different. It would be nice to allow the optimum settings for us that we set our screens at to stay when we load MAME. Thanks again for everything.

I can't remove the LCD Settings because the LCD timing has to be adjusted depending on the GP2X Clock Frequency. :( If i don't adjust the LCD the screen would be a lot worse (flickering, strange brightness/contrast, etc).

We already have:

I can't remove the LCD Settings because the LCD timing has to be adjusted depending on the GP2X Clock Frequency. :( If i don't adjust the LCD the screen would be a lot worse (flickering, strange brightness/contrast, etc).

Could you have an option to not set them? On alot of our units the way you have them set does give flickering, strange brightness/contrast, etc. If we set that stuff with the LCD tweaker it would be better for some of us. The way you have it set gives me a white line on left and poor contrast.

Franxis, I have sent you some updated millipede drivers - could you please test these?

This should resolve the control issues for good :)

If anything, the Y-axis needs to be set to "reverse" but otherwise it should work fine. It plays fine for me.
I have updated the GP32 version of MAME with these changes and will be release in GP32 MAME 2.2 (coming soon).

EDIT: removed quotes

slaanesh said:
DaveC posted on May 11 2006 at 02:11 AM said:

Franxis, I have sent you some updated millipede drivers - could you please test these?

If anything, the Y-axis needs to be set to "reverse" but otherwise it should work fine. It plays fine for me.
I have updated the GP32 version of MAME with these changes and will be release in GP32 MAME 2.2 (coming soon).
[/quote]

Great! :D

EDIT: removed quotes

I was having issues with the x-axis (horizontal). When I move horizontal the ship keeps going even when I let off of the stick. This is wrong, it should stop as soon as you stop pressing on the stick. I never had problems with vertical, that was the only direction that worked. Try Centipede to compare, Centipede works fine.

I was having issues with the x-axis (horizontal). When I move horizontal the ship keeps going even when I let off of the stick. This is wrong, it should stop as soon as you stop pressing on the stick. I never had problems with vertical, that was the only direction that worked. Try Centipede to compare, Centipede works fine.

I have checked latest code by Slaanesh and the problem is definitively solved. I runs ok now.

I have not done many new improvements... I have integrated de command-line arguments for the alternative frontend, and i have solved the graphics problems in Gauntlet and the control problems in Tehkan World Cup.

But i have recovered the cpu cores from MAME GP2X 2.3, because all my work with the cpu cores during last weeks have been a waste of time. :(

I'm trying to advance in the M6809 ASM ARM core, i'm trying to do my own one...

Regards.

Back