Mame Gp2x 4.7

Is the arcade version of Outrun really working on version 4.70? I have Rainbow Island working but only the extra version and only with the compatible gpe.. and no sound am I missing something..???

But Hang On has been fixed.... nice job.

Edit: wasn't PassingShot suppose to work on this version as well..???

Ripster said:
Is the arcade version of Outrun really working on version 4.70? I have Rainbow Island working but only the extra version and only with the compatible gpe.. and no sound am I missing something..???

Outrun works like a dream and I hope I never wake up. I've upped my 2X to 270mhz and it has helped the music. Still a bit crackelly thro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ripster said:

PassingShot works for me. Must be the romset. I had to find an older version to get it to work. Google was quite nice at fixing that for me. ;) Hope you can get it working.

Well, first of all thank you for your hard effort on this huge project. I was wondering if in your future plans there's the great soccer game Mexico86 (kick'n'run) .. :)

slaanesh said:
pomata said:
I waited Empire City and Knuckle Joe... :p
I got graphics going on Knuckle Joe just last night. Sound is not working yet.

EDIT: Knuckle Joe is all working now! :)

Wonderful... :lol:

P.S.
Outrun run 40 fps with sound... Configuration : Mamefast 280 mhz video 50% audio 50% sound 15khz vsync off
SuperHangon 40/45 fps with sound Configuration : Mamefast 280 mhz video 80% audio 80% sound 15khz vsync off

Without sound they runs 50/60 fps! :blink:

Both playable perfectly ;)

P.S.
Outrun run 40 fps with sound... Configuration : Mamefast 280 mhz video 50% audio 50% sound 15khz vsync off
SuperHangon 40/45 fps with sound Configuration : Mamefast 280 mhz video 80% audio 80% sound 15khz vsync off

[/quote]

doesnt it crash mame/gp2x when you quit ????????

Hey, now we have Space Harrier, nice. :) Runs to slow yet at 200MHz but it runs. ^^
How much possible is it to run such 80's games like Out Run or Space Harrier Full Speed on GP2X at Default Clock speed?

fusion_power said:
Hey, now we have Space Harrier, nice. :) Runs to slow yet at 200MHz but it runs. ^^
How much possible is it to run such 80's games like Out Run or Space Harrier Full Speed on GP2X at Default Clock speed?
With some optimisation, it should be very much possible. I used to play them under emulation in System16 at 60fps, no frameskipping on my old 166mhz Cyrix PC - and the 2X is a lot more powerful than that.

However, bear in mind that even the old MAME releases (0.34, 0.36 etc) were badly written and bloated unnecessarily - although other emulators achieved full speed on my old PC, MAME never did. It may take Franxis and friends quite a lot of work to get these games running so they're playable.

D.

Yupp. I jusk asked because I always have my Batteries in Mind. And Space Harrier, Outrun, Hang-On can be played via Megadrive/Master System Emulator on GP2X to and maybe underclocked. :) But of course its vercy cool, that the original Arcade versions run on the Handheld. :)

pongplaya said:
P.S.

doesnt it crash mame/gp2x when you quit ????????
[/quote]

Yes crash... :(

fusion_power said:
I jusk asked because I always have my Batteries in Mind.
I consider my batteries consumable and always clock as high (or low) as I need to go to make the game enjoyable!
For example on the other side of the spectrum, some games can easily clock to as low as 66Mhz and remain full speed ie. 60FPS. I'll have to do a battery test at 66Mhz to see if they last significantly longer when clocked this low.

slaanesh said:
fusion_power said:
I jusk asked because I always have my Batteries in Mind.
I consider my batteries consumable and always clock as high (or low) as I need to go to make the game enjoyable!
For example on the other side of the spectrum, some games can easily clock to as low as 66Mhz and remain full speed ie. 60FPS. I'll have to do a battery test at 66Mhz to see if they last significantly longer when clocked this low.

Sorry for the PM, i got it now after a lot of hours of searching :D

Thanks anyway ;)

In a couple of minutes i will upload a complete and verified romset for all the people in the usual place for GP2x torrents :)

Thanks to Franxis, Slaanesh, Pepe_Faruk, Notaz, etc,.. for making a lot of people happy with every new release ^_^

:gp2x

EDIT:You can find the new MAME GP2X Complete and Verified torrent in the usual GP2X site for torrents, Google can help you.

¡Enjoy it people! ^_____^ :gp2x

MOD EDIT: IF YOU WANTED TO MAKE IT ANYMORE OBVIOUS, YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE PUT A URL LINK TO THE SITE YOU ARE REFERING TO. YOU WOULDN`T WANT TO BE THE CAUSE OF IT BEING SHUT DOWN, SO WOULDN`T DO SUCH A SILLY THING LIKE THAT NOW, WOULD YOU ?.

I cat seem to get moonwalker to work, also outrun crashes mane when you try to exit to the main menu. thanks for the hard work

lawndart said:
I cat seem to get moonwalker to work, also outrun crashes mane when you try to exit to the main menu. thanks for the hard work
You have a new PM :D

About the crashes after playing the System 16 games with the "fast" executable, i have been investigating, and the problem is in mame.cpp - shutdown_machine() :
CODE

/* free the memory allocated for ROM and RAM */
for (i = 0;i < MAX_MEMORY_REGIONS;i++)
{
if (Machine->memory_region)
{
gp2x_free(Machine->memory_region);
Machine->memory_region = 0;
Machine->memory_region_length = 0;
}
}

It seems DrZ80 core is writing over the memory regions, and they become corrupted (?). The program crashes when doing free() of the memory regions... I don't know what to do to solve the problem...

Back