Mame Gp32 1.3 Download !

GA01 posted on Jul 14 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
I'm sure alot of us would love to help out but like myself find programming way over our heads :(. Sad to hear you won't be spending much time on Mame GP32 now as you've contributed so much in so little time :). Do you still plan on adding a frontend for Mame GP32? Hopefully, other coder's will rally to Franxis's cause. Long live Mame GP32 and all who play her :D.

:)

I added the ability for the next version of Mame to be called with external parameters and sent my changes to Franxis for him to put into the source code. If anyone out there can write a "Mame Menu Application" then please get in touch with Franxis to offer your help.

If the code still works the same as when I sent it to Franxis (did that last weekend, just after 1.3 was released), then what is needed is an application that can call the relevant Mame .fxe file and pass in a reference to itself (so Mame can pass control back to it) and the name of the .zip/folder that contains the game to be played. For example running this would start the Atari game Star Wars if the Mame fxe files were in GPMAME (Evil Dragon has used this directory for his launcher program)...

GP:\\GPMM\GPMAME\matari.fxe GP:\\GPMM\mamemenu.fxe starwars

There would be a fair bit of work to show all the games and then call the correct Mame .fxe file, but I'm sure someone wouldn't have too much difficulty doing this. I think I've got some example code somewhere that launches Star Wars, then Asteroids, then Star Wars etc., if someone wants it.

Last edited by a moderator:
e_b posted on Jul 14 2005 at 02:22 PM said:
sorry at so am I to assume it'll never work now...is there anything else I can do to 'help'? :huh:

Have you tried every version of Franxis' Mame?

Download MAME GP32 1.0 (5.8 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.1 (6.3 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.2.1 (5 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.2.2 (5 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.3 (6.3 Mb)

If you could find that it worked in one version, then stopped working in the next version, that would give us a BIG clue where in the code to start looking.

I've just gotten home from a week away and just now have dl'd Mame 1.3.
Star Wars..... my god it's the promised land! And saving configurations... perfect.
So much here to keep me busy, GrimReaper and Franxis thank you SO MUCH for all you've done for us. This is a fantastic release.
I hope someone suitably experienced and motivated can step up to the plate in GrimReapers absence to help Franxis contiue to develop his magic app'.
Even if this turns out to be the 'final' release, I really can't say enough just how appreciative I am. The GP continues to surprise.
GrimReaper, enjoy your trip it'll be a blast I'm sure.

Loading "Star Wars"
Unable to open ROM
Error reading ROMs
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press any key to continue.

I don't think anyone can tell you where to get the right ROMs, we're not allowed to post links to ROM websites. There are plenty of sites out there though, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding an alternative version.

More than likely, you've got a version that is too NEW for this old 0.34 based version of Mame. There are tools available to "downgrade" ROMs to older versions. The most famous of theses is CLRMame, for more information about it search for it on these boards, or google.

thegrimreaper posted on Jul 15 2005 at 09:15 AM said:
e_b posted on Jul 14 2005 at 02:22 PM said:
sorry at so am I to assume it'll never work now...is there anything else I can do to 'help'? :huh:

Have you tried every version of Franxis' Mame?

Download MAME GP32 1.0 (5.8 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.1 (6.3 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.2.1 (5 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.2.2 (5 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.3 (6.3 Mb)

If you could find that it worked in one version, then stopped working in the next version, that would give us a BIG clue where in the code to start looking.

Hi grim, sorry but it's been like this from the first one...HOWEVER...do you recall the MAME emu with 10 games only (1942 being 1)...I'm pretty sure that was ok.

"Name

GMame 2

Author

race8086

Description

Mame for the GP32

Screenshots

Download

HERE

Information

All files in the archive should go to gp:gpmm/, the games (zipped) go to gp:gpmame/

New Games Supported:

- Time Pilot
- Amidar
- Phoenix
- Galaxian
- Scramble
- Frogger
- Super Cobra
- Mikie
- Megazone
- 1942"

I can confirm that 1942 does NOT crash on GMame2.

I am hopeful this might help move the problem forward...thanks for all the time you've spent on this problem, I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves 1942 and would love to see it running again in all its glory :)

Back