Mame4All 2.5

Thanks for the release. It runs great, but unfortunately, it appears the vertical scaling fix did not make it into this release to fix those games that get clipped off at the ends (ie SkyShark, etc) on the Wiz. Any chance the Vertical Scaling option will get added to a future release?

Thanks again for your hard work! It is very much appreciated! :)

F*cking brilliant mate!!! Thanks a million!! Now where are all those doom-mongers who were claiming the WiZ scene is dead?!?

Thanks a lot, it makes me happy to see my favorite wiz emulator get an update! There is only one bug that I really hope can be fixed. When you play any neo geo title and select the tearing fix option, some aspects of the graphics are rotated which makes them unplayable. I'm one of those people who can't stand any tearing of any sort (need vsync on all my pc and console games as well) so I would absolutely love it if you could fix this so the neo geo games can run with the tearing fix on... oddly when you choose the rotated tearing fix option then the games display correctly, but of course no neo geo titles were ever meant to be rotated!

I have not had answered,it doesn't stay me that to experiment with my actual firmware,thanks the same

fantastic, mame is actually the main reason why I bought the wiz ! great to see the right people and right appz flowing this days, thanks!

Fantastic update to wiz mame :) Would love to see metaporphic force added to the game list. Its a konami scroller like x-men, turtles and simpons!

That would complete my favorite arcade scrollers of all time :) In my pocket too wow!

BlackJackuk said:
Fantastic update to wiz mame :) Would love to see metaporphic force added to the game list. Its a konami scroller like x-men, turtles and simpons!

That would complete my favorite arcade scrollers of all time :) In my pocket too wow!
Man I would love to have Metamorphic Force added. That game rocks! It has amazing music. I just don't know how well it would run. The Konami GX hardware it runs on might be a bit much for Mame4All, especially since the game was added in version .60 or .65 i believe on PC. Not sure how easy it would be to implement the GX drive from that version of MAME into this one. We can dream though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I thought it ran on the same arcade hardware as X-men as one of the characters is a sprite edit of colossus! But that game runs on slightly more powerful hardware then?

BlackJackuk said:
Ah, I thought it ran on the same arcade hardware as X-men as one of the characters is a sprite edit of colossus! But that game runs on slightly more powerful hardware then?
Correction! It runs on the Mystic Warrior Based hardware. It was just added around the same time the GX hardware was, so I got it confused. I still don't know how easy it would be to implement or how well it would run. There are a couple other nice games based off of that hardware that would be fun to play. I would like the Xexex hardware to be implemented but that would run slow as dirt. Here's a link for the hardware that Metamorphic Force runs on. http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=573

Franxis are you still going to support the Wiz with further Mame updates now that it is discontinued? and what do you make of the Caanoo?

Hirolaser said:
Franxis are you still going to support the Wiz with further Mame updates now that it is discontinued? and what do you make of the Caanoo?

Yes, i'm going to support MAME for GP2X, WIZ and CAANOO (if i get one).

There are no recent news from me because i'm currently involved in a new (secret) project for the WIZ.
I have been working very hard on it for several months and will be released in the GP32SPAIN compo.

Franxis you are the man! Something to get excited about!!

I don't post here too often these days but I still love my Wiz, and Mame is a sweet bit of emulation :)

Thanks, dude. Best feature of the Wiz, hands down. Can't wait to see what the next revision brings.

Franxis said:
Hirolaser said:

Yes, i'm going to support MAME for GP2X, WIZ and CAANOO (if i get one).

There are no recent news from me because i'm currently involved in a new (secret) project for the WIZ.
I have been working very hard on it for several months and will be released in the GP32SPAIN compo.

Good to hear your support for the Wiz. Will this secret project be ported to the GP2X?

dumb question but how do i get out of a game once im playing it and go to save it or change buttons around or even get out of the emulator? thx :)

NVM: L+R+SEL+START

This is right up there with Picodrive as one of the best emulators on the Wiz, great work.

There does seem to be a problem with the VM version when loading larger roms, in particular Neo Geo stuff like Metal Slug 2. At the point where the non-VM version reports an 'out of memory' error, the VM version freezes and the Wiz has to be switched off.

EDIT: Ignore the above, it appears my SD card was corrupted. Formatting and recopying did the trick, VM version is working fine.

There are jarring pauses using the VM version though as the swapfile is used, which makes fighting games in particular less playable (delays when doing special moves for the first time). Is it possible perhaps to switch to a system where a cache is generated beforehand? Gngeo does this quite elegantly.

Back