Manhunt 2 Banned In Uk!

Steve-O

Manhunt 2 has officially been banned in the uk!!!!

Looks like this is a one that will have to be obtained some other way if you live in the UK ;)

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/797/797657p1.html

I bet the reason for it being banned will be because of Resistance and all that church crap thats going on... Unlucky to all that Pre Ordered...

I never thought I would live to see the day that a Wii game would get banned for violent content :)

I hope they dont ban GTA :(

--NEWS FLASH--

the Wii version of Manhunt 2 will be rated AO (adults only) in north america because of the Wiimotes realistic control system LOL :D . Apparently this rating is known as the "Kiss of death" becuase most stores will refuse to stock it with this rating. Technically you will make alot of money if you have a console store in the US and stock this game :)

I hope to god that the NTSC version will work on a PAL Wiikey Wii!!!...

I have a PS2 anyway so will get it for that as well.

I read this over at the BBC website a few minutes ago. Have to say, I did see it coming. After what happened with the first one supposedly being responsible for the death of that kid, it was always going to happen.

I think its quite sad. The game is in no way based upon real life. Yes the killings are respresentitive of things that would work if you were to carry them out yourself but the idea that games influence ones conscious to the point it owuld go out and kill someone based on something they've seen is absurd. Yes, people imitate things like Jackass but that is because it is generally thought that Jackass is cool to the younger generations. Killing, however is a total different ball game and is considered uncool through out every generation. Kids may laugh at games characters being killed on screen but beyond that, they wouldnt laugh at someone being killed in real life through one of the ways depicted in a game.

As i've said, its absurd to think a game can change a person's conscious in such a way as to make them want to go out and kill someone in the way they have seen depicted in a game. I personally think the game should be released but with a 21+ age rating. Parents should be smart enough to know not to give their younger kids violent games even if they ask for them.

Edit: Its also been banned in Ireland from what I'm hearing.

Fuckers!

Fingers crossed that it comes out in Australia then, us brits can play their games.

Nova said:
Fingers crossed that it comes out in Australia then, us brits can play their games.

Australia bans ought.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be importing my copy from (insert name of European country here) because Europe = Pal + my Wii = Pal so no mod chips needed and it will still have an English language option included, so I don't have to use and abuse my terrible foreign language skills :)

I wasn't interested i nit at all as I dont see any fun in going around dismembering random people. I will say though that if it was banned here, it sure as hell will get banned in Australia as their censors tend to be a little bit more strick than in the UK. So if your going to import it, just get it off of the continent.

i also hope they dont ban Gta4 (im going to get a 360 for it) i cant wait till it comes out, i havent played a manhunt game and im not really into violence, i prefer arcade style gaming (gta is an exception).

It's a silly ban. They are just overreacting to whining busybodies. I'll be waiting for the PC release before I get it :p

If the ban isn't lifted at the appeal, I guess it wont leave much hope for a real version of Killer Net :(

this is so daft ! I wasnt interested in this game untill now !
I played manhunt 1 a bit but cant really remember it being any good.I will be downloading manhunt 2 for the wii and or ps2 as soon as i can just to see what its like:p

I was in Game the other day and i heard this guy askin about that game with the big church in manchester. I think he ended up buying it.

Rumours i'm hearing are that Germany may be next to deny it an age rating followed by Australia. We'll have to wait and see but I know for sure that it will definitely be banned in Germany. You even by an 18 rated game and you could get arrested in germany.

Nova said:

I think its going to be banned in Australia now... Plus Blockbusters etc are refusing to rent it out in the USA..

I think thers also talk about putting the release date back further and making modifications to the game to reduce the violence :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought the first one was boring anyway.

Oh well, at least we still have w***z to get what we want ;)

More info coming in on Manhunt 2. This time Nintendo and Sony have had their say. They've gone onto say they will not endorse any adult only game on their consoles and will not see it published for them. Rumor has it, America is going to be seeing a ban on the game. But since it has been delayed indefinitely its yet to been seen whether there will need to be a ban for america. They may choose to tone down the game.

this is so stupid as soon as they d oeventually get it out even if it is toned down it will probably be a huge seller just because of all this pish !

62401gifdr8.jpg

Back