Manic Digger (Minecraft clone)

*All the people in this thread who were interested.

I'm actually not, so don't think "Every last person who's ordering a Pandora needs Minecraft on it badly"

I just want to make sure you have the numbers right. This is the 18th post, so you subtract users who already posted twice, there's probably a dozen people interested. Some of them might also have Pandoras.

You're helping something in the world here. Keep up the great work! And you're right, I should not have said the words in your quote marks.

Would I like to play MC on the Pandora? Hell yeah! I think that notch is focusing on finishing the game and then he will port it to different platforms. He has said that he wants to port it to iphone and ipad. My guess is hat he will port it to Android as well. I really hope that he will also port it to the pandora but since the userbase is not that high we might not be his first priority. The icontrolpad will definetly get a boost out of the iphone/android port though.

lwjgl is currently being ported to openGLES. Once that happens, porting Minecraft will be much easier.

I wouldn't want to work on a clone right now anyway. The rate he's going, a lot can change month to month, and not just little changes but big game breaking changes.

lwjgl is currently being ported to openGLES. Once that happens, porting Minecraft will be much easier.

I wouldn't want to work on a clone right now anyway. The rate he's going, a lot can change month to month, and not just little changes but big game breaking changes.
minetest isn't a client it is an independent game with its own multiplayer servers.

I thought revenge of the titans was going open source link
Yep, but they've done 3 other games.

They're hommages to/remake of Space Invaders, Robotron: 2084 and Paradroid.

Really good and great looking games, but they're not open source.

Revenge of the Titans is the latest one.

Wait a second. How easy of a port are we talking about for Minetest? Cuz, hell, I'd rather have something to hold me over until when (and if) minecraft gets ported.

I don't want to ruin craig's fantasy but notch's review of the pandora wasn't that positive link and minecraft slows down on my 2ghz c2d laptop with 2gb of ram. Unless notch made serious optimizations, it wouldn't run that well unless you had all of the settings turned down(but then you wouldn't see much besides fog)

4/5. Equals 8/10. He likes it, and this is from months ago. The Pandora's improved since then.

Ouch... he dissed PandoraPanic... and I bought his game... the bastard.

EDIT: on the positive side... someone famous played our game... but still what a dick. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
make what happen ?
The port of a Minecraft type game of course. I'm sure a lot of other people would like this.

Like other people said, it'd be easier just to make a new Minecraft type game specifically for the Pandora to take advantage of it's hardware/software capabilities.

Back