Mario Strikers Charged Football

I've got eledees. I got it for my 18th last tuesday. It's alright. Could have been better but I haven't played it much as I've been playing The Godfather on Wii instead.

And Mario Strikers Charged Football is awesome online. Its alright in single player but online is a whole different ball game. Its awesome. Ive only played a few matches, as the matches are a best of 3 thing, and im up to ranking 1493 out of over 10,000 players which i think is very good considering I only played online for about an hour.

Some of the stadiums you play in are cool. The Crystal Stadium is sweet. It burns out two of your four players. So instead of it being a 4 on 4 affair it becomes 2 on 2 with the goalies still there.

For nintendo's first online game, i'd say its very good and at least they beat 3rd parties to the table this time, unlike with the DS. Totally worth a shot for anyone who has a Wii and is totally worth the £34.99 I paid on it (well actually I only paid £9.99 as i traded in Heatseeker.)

Ganepark32 said:
I've got eledees. I got it for my 18th last tuesday. It's alright. Could have been better but I haven't played it much as I've been playing The Godfather on Wii instead.

And Mario Strikers Charged Football is awesome online. Its alright in single player but online is a whole different ball game. Its awesome. Ive only played a few matches, as the matches are a best of 3 thing, and im up to ranking 1493 out of over 10,000 players which i think is very good considering I only played online for about an hour.

Some of the stadiums you play in are cool. The Crystal Stadium is sweet. It burns out two of your four players. So instead of it being a 4 on 4 affair it becomes 2 on 2 with the goalies still there.

For nintendo's first online game, i'd say its very good and at least they beat 3rd parties to the table this time, unlike with the DS. Totally worth a shot for anyone who has a Wii and is totally worth the £34.99 I paid on it (well actually I only paid £9.99 as i traded in Heatseeker.)
I like it but not having any interaction with the opposing player is a bit shit. They could have at least had some pre-configured messages you could send, like "Good game" or "great goal" or "unlucky" or "ha!".

But other than that it is cool. I'll add you tomorrow if thats ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
all i keep getting is the 98020 error code, but my web browser and vc shop on wii work so i guess its a server problem, i have to admit its possibly my favourite game ive yet played on the wii, eledees being the worst.. kororinpa was good, but it took barely an hour to complete.

Yeh that error code was occuring quite alot yesterday between 4pm and 5pm. Its due to the amount of people login on to play the game. NoE are away for the weekend as its a bank holiday weekend so the problems won't be sorted until monday at the earliest. The problems not very big. Just can't get the stats. But if u connect right after ur disconnected, you'll get straight back on.

I got up to ranking 1050 this morning then lost 3 on the trot and have slipped down to 1231 or something near that. Its soooo addictive. much more so than mario kart ds

I have the game now... will add you to my list :) as soon as I get back on it..

Also, you can Back this game up and use your Modified Wii (eg Wiikey) and still play online :)

yeah was around that time i was trying to get on, it would log in, do somethin else, then as it was retrieving stats it would disconnect. cant wait to play it onlin, i'llpost my friend code up soon, i really wished there was more communication between players though(from what ive heard), like xbox live, i hate nintendos friend code system, i thought theyd have sorted it out for the wii, i know its to protect young kids but its still a crap system.

finally got a game this morning before i had to go out, after 2 games it was 1-1, then after about 30 secs of the final game i had CONNECTION LOST!! so i still remain unranked, i'll try again in a bit, really good game online though.

I was thinking about buying the game too...

However, I have no love for football at all. I think the sport is pretty boring. On the other hand, I don't really like racing games neither and I loved Mario Kart. I'd really like a party game too - what I'm asking is basically is this Mario Kart transferred to another sport or is this football with Mario characters?
Also, how many players can play (on one console, not online) and can you play cooperatively on one team?

EDIT: OK, I found out that there is a coop mode and that four players are the maximum. Is it possible to play coop with four players though?

You mean 4 against four? Nope. not possible unless it can be done by hooking 2 Wiis up using LAN and then having 8 people to play.

And you should get it. Even if you don't like football its fantastic. I hate football with avengance and this is not really football. Well it is but the way its played out between two people online is different. Its kinda hard to explain but it really is fantastic and really worth the money even for the online multiplayer on its own.

Already got it before you answered. Nice game, played it with my fiancee for three and a half hours now :D

My friend code is 429597 806024.
EDIT: I just added you.

Mosch, I'll add you later. I probably won't be able to play you until the weekend as my bros facsinated with Xbox Live and R6 Vegas at the mo. But I can tell you, It'll be a tough match against me.

Neither can I. I was able to win the Fire Cup with ease, winning every match and then i did the same with the group stage of the Crystal cup but always seem to get beaten on the Knockout stages. Don't know why. I do wish they had put the option in so that you could change your team before a match so that your could make changes to the trio of helpers to benefit gainst different opponents.

I already hate the Wifi mode... I constantly get disconnected before I even reach the "lobby" and when I actually manage to get into a game my opponents disconnects as soon as he's one or two goals behind.
Is there anyone on except for disconnectors? Has losing gracefully died? Am I the only person that thinks he actually learns by losing?

*mumblemumblerantmumble*

Mosch said:
I already hate the Wifi mode... I constantly get disconnected before I even reach the "lobby" and when I actually manage to get into a game my opponents disconnects as soon as he's one or two goals behind.
Is there anyone on except for disconnectors? Has losing gracefully died? Am I the only person that thinks he actually learns by losing?

*mumblemumblerantmumble*
I am not sure it is just losers disconnecting. You still lose the game on your record if you are losing and there are still goals to play for so I don't know what the point of disconnecting would be.

Also, I've experienced disconnects when I've been losing so maybe they are having teething problems over at Ninty HQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back