Mega Drive/Genesis Emulation

[stu]

Still Fresh
Hi
ive readthrough alot of info on this but im struggling to understand some of it

Id basically like to play an emulator for the Mega Drive with any sonic game. s this possible at the moment?

also, which emuator should i use? and does the emulator accept .SMD files, as used by PC Mega Drive emulators?

cheers

Forget Megadrive / Genesis for now (and for a good while). Emulation is just way too preliminary.
However, you can most definitely play Sonic with the Master System emulators available.
Try the emulator SMS32. Your crave for Sonic on the GP32 will be taken care of.

Sonic (megadrive version) runs fine in genemu, ideally of you have a 166mhz gp32.

I think the NES version of sonic is more impressive and accurate than the sms one, but the sms one is the better game.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

'Sonic Chaos' is the best Sonic for SMS, much closer to the megadrive versions

The sonic games (megadrive) currently very close to full speed without sound, but the emu is still in its very early stages

They ported the Genesis Sonic to the SMS/GG? Was this a homebrew deal or did Sega do this?

That reminds me of a dream I once had where I played a NES remake of Final Fantasy 7. It was really funny-looking, comprised of blocky, multi-coloured pixels. I remember in the dream that I said, "Well, what do you expect from the NES!"

NiN^_^NiN posted on Oct 28 2003 at 09:25 PM said:
I think the NES version of sonic is more impressive and accurate than the sms one, but the sms one is the better game

they ported the genesis sonic to sms so it really is accurate but i never played sonic on the nes :p

:ph34r:
It isn't an exact port is it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back