Memory Help - Not Really Pandora Specific

Hansi

Still Fresh
Sooo
I have been enlarging my collection of old games some time now.
But eventhough I found many, I still miss some games we had, back when I was just a little girl (er ... boy of course) .
We used to have tons of sharewaregames, like for example the many Apogee sharewares.
So back on topic :

Does anyone know what game this is? (I hope I remember correctly) :
-it is from aproximately 1990 - 1995
-it is a sidescroller
-the player is a little rabbit (red?) that lays bombs
-when this cute fellow dies he screams "yohouhouhou"(falling) the gameover screen appears (hole in the ground with wooden planks in it's corners) and you see it falling down

thanks for any help :)
sorry if it is too far little related to the pandora, but since there is not much going on about it I thought I post it anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
0000.png

Rabbit Punch

P.S: I found it with Google not with my memory.... I'm 16 so never Played it

That does not look right (no like what I remember)
I might add that it was mostly brown yellow and red.

But since I do not want to be so selfish everyone who also has some missing memory shall write in this post. :-D

Heh, I wonder if this site would be of use? :p

CODE
http://www.whatwasthatgame.com/

hehe that website has a 'small' spam problem

The description of the game somewhat reminds me of Jazz Jackrabbit.
Although I can't remember something about dropping bombs ... and I have no idea how the death animation / game over screen looked like

EDIT: maybe it's Jazz Jackrabbit 2 ... just watched it on Youtube ... fits the description pretty well

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9OzbgL8y5o&feature=related

Actually I only played the first game myself.... but the second one also has a red rabbit ... (in the first one it's green) ... and there are bombs

'Radon' said:
hehe that website has a 'small' spam problem
Mm, it certainly does. :(

The description of the game somewhat reminds me of Jazz Jackrabbit.
Although I can't remember something about dropping bombs ... and I have no idea how the death animation / game over screen looked like

I doubt it's Jazz Jackrabbit. Jazz was green, for one thing. ;) (Also, the Game Over screen in that game had two turtles carrying Jazz on a stretcher, for what it's worth. :p)

For a little while I wondered if it was Toxic Bunny, but Toxic was brown instead of red, and he mixed up elixirs (one of which did form explosives), as opposed to laying bombs. So it's probably not Toxic Bunny, but here's a screenshot just in case;

Toxic_Bunny.jpg

Jazz Jackrabbit is in fact green
and in Jazz Jackrabbit 2 there is Jazz (green) and Spaz (red).
but the game must be older I think.

I will keep on searching and if one day I find it I will be depressed because it wont be so great. :-D

I don't think this is it either, but I might as well add it to the bunny collection. :p

www.abandonia.com/en/games/457/Hare+Raising+Havoc.html

Oh wow, at CODE

I was actually working on a site very much like that at the moment. There were a variety of values that you could choose to find games. I got discouraged seeing that link but after seeing the site is not very good i think ill continue my work. Anyway, no idea what game is, sorry.

'PoisonedV' said:
Oh wow, at CODE

I was actually working on a site very much like that at the moment. There were a variety of values that you could choose to find games. I got discouraged seeing that link but after seeing the site is not very good i think ill continue my work.

That sounds like a handy idea for a site. WhatWasThatGame used to be a bit better than its current state, and it would be nice to see something as useful as it formerly was out there again (there didn't used to be a forum on WWTG, and it was possible to browse through information about games that people were looking for, and post comments if you had an idea as to what a given game was - it was surprising how many obscure things were correctly named, too). :p

'PoisonedV' said:
Oh wow, at CODE

I was actually working on a site very much like that at the moment. There were a variety of values that you could choose to find games. I got discouraged seeing that link but after seeing the site is not very good i think ill continue my work. Anyway, no idea what game is, sorry.

I can definitely agree with you on that. The place to ask questions is almost completely spam, it'd probably be a lot quicker to ask about gay pr0n videos featuring a mustashioed amateur.

Anyways, it would definitely be great to have a place to remind people of games they can't name. I'm still trying to recall the name of a mid 90s adventure involving Greek and Roman mythology trivia.

'hedwards' said:
Anyways, it would definitely be great to have a place to remind people of games they can't name. I'm still trying to recall the name of a mid 90s adventure involving Greek and Roman mythology trivia.
Imperium Romanum?

'drD20' said:
Imperium Romanum?
Nope, this one was really old, well relatively speaking, I think it was around about the same time as like Kings Quest IV. And of similar style.

Back