Merge other consoles with Off-Topic?

Wally

I am a banana!
It really makes no sense to have an Other Consoles section when Off-Topic usually sees people posting stuff about Other Consoles. 

It's kinda legacy stuff that craig has made :)

How was it before, didn't Other Consoles have its own section before?  

I'd hate to see Other Consoles threads lost in a see of Off Topic threads

Pretty sure Craig opened it because people were discussing consoles a lot.

In theory it just adds an additional layer of mess :p

Pretty sure Craig opened it because people were discussing consoles a lot.

In theory it just adds an additional layer of mess :p

I disagree, sometimes threads that belong more into the "other consoles" category pop up in offtopic, but most of the time it seems to work. So why change something, when there is no need to ?

I as asking a question and of course wanted feedback so your disagreement is welcome

There's quite a lot of inconsistencies as a lot of gaming stuff ends up in Off-Topic.

Perhaps a better solution is to rename Other Consoles to something else?

Please leave Other Consoles seperate. I don't read the nonsense that goes in Off-Topic, but I quite like reading keeping up to date other other gaming/computing stuff

I like other consoles, I usually just have a quick glance at off topic, it's mostly dull. I'd like other consoles  to stay please.
That said I tend to put say videogame related kickstarter threads in other consoles and I think it works for the most part.

I like other consoles, I usually just have a quick glance at off topic, it's mostly dull. I'd like other consoles  to stay please.
That said I tend to put say videogame related kickstarter threads in other consoles and I think it works for the most part.

Yeah I like that it is other system/console specific as it's a bit more interesting than the usual happenings of the General offtopic section... Wally it must be that Australian shepherd in you that you want to herd all the forum topics together.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is probably better to keep it.  I usually just look at new content, so it doesn't matter how things are split up (for now), however I think RetroPi, Dreamcast and Game Boy threads aren't really off topic, and they should be mixed in with Pandora and Pyra stuff where there will be discussions about games and emulators.  They fit there better than with Absurdism Corner.

Why not "Other Consoles, Computers, and Games"?  
So it is a part of Off-Topic now? Will it stay that way?

Maybe I don't know where it originally was, but attached is a pic of what I see.

As long as OT doesn't get split off for New Content views I don't care, but if it does I think Other Consoles belongs with the other stuff since, as I said, some of those games pertain to the Pandora and Pyra.

ot.png

Maybe I don't know where it originally was, but attached is a pic of what I see.

As long as OT doesn't get split off for New Content views I don't care, but if it does I think Other Consoles belongs with the other stuff since, as I said, some of those games pertain to the Pandora and Pyra.

Nothings changed... the Other Console sub section has been under offtopic for sometime if not since it was created.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hidden Content

Nothings changed... the Other Console sub section has been under offtopic for sometime if not since it was created.
Ok.  I thought it used to be underneath the Pyra section and above the Off Topic one.  So what was Wally asking about, mixing Other Consoles with Off Topic General?

Ok.  I thought it used to be underneath the Pyra section and above the Off Topic one.  So what was Wally asking about, mixing Other Consoles with Off Topic General?
Yes that is what he wanted to do... But it was shot down so no worries.

Back