Merry Christmas -- Warcraft 2 Dos On Pandora!

This is stunning! Both me and my dad loved the Warcraft games!

Oh, and seeing as this runs almost perfectly, does this mean the DOS port of Megaman X will run well too?

skeezix said:
I've updated the blog entry ..
Dune 2 seems to run just fine! (I know screenshots don't show much, could be 2 fps for all you know), but seems good at elast to start with :) (Killed a couple enemies and built a single concrete slab, woowoo :p )
jeff
Keep it comin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to flog a dead horse but how bad was Fallout? Because there are some patches for it and numerous unofficial patches. One of them does some amazing thing to expand Fallout's capabilities on 2000/XP/Vista perhaps a similar patch for DOS could dumb things down a bit. Also there are utility's for editing the movies and most if not all of the graphics in the game. Just about anyone knows more about this than me but could the graphics just be drawn with fewer colors, fewer frames, smaller resolution, or even smaller in game size (Vault Dweller JUNIOR~!). :D

I personally played Fallout for the first time on a PC the was bellow the minimum requirements by a bit, and I know there is MUCH love for Fallout.

Any Ways keep up the great work, and don't forget to enjoy your holiday too.

skeezix said:
Dune 2 seems to run just fine!
...which, critically, means that Dune1 won't have problems, either. Sweeeeeeeeeet.

(Not that I thought it would ;) )

Could you check how Master of orion 2 fairs,

It seems that the original requirements was a 486-DX2-66, so It may be possible?

RajTakhar said:
The Spice .. The Spice

Great Dune II works - what an achievement

Tactically for Dos the others are Championship Manager
If I remember right I think the gp2x can run dune 2. Same with warcraft 1 if anyone wondered.

I bet with my €0,02 that pandora can run fallout 1 :p
it doesnt need a fast processor imo, or a nice frame rate since its turn based :)

ashaw said:
Could you check how Master of orion 2 fairs,

It seems that the original requirements was a 486-DX2-66, so It may be possible?
I got Master of Orion running on GP2X. It wasn't really playable, but I didn't persevere with the tweaking. The intro sequence ran at pretty close speed to the PC version though, which was promising.

I reckon the DOS version of MOO2 has a good shot at running on Pandora.

Falcon Delta said:
Oh, and seeing as this runs almost perfectly, does this mean the DOS port of Megaman X will run well too?
I had that. Why would you ever play that when the original will run fine? :lol:

Dune 2 and civ?
Someone reassure me that i wont kill my pandora by using it for each and every moment im awake

Thanks a lot, that looks very promising!

Eight Bit said:
Would cannonfodder work too? War has never been so much fun :)
Hey, that's my ringtone! :) I'm sure it will be no problem.

Now all we need is Starcraft and you'll notice a sudden increase in sales coming from a certain country in East-Asia...

Thunder said:
Now all we need is Starcraft and you'll notice a sudden increase in sales coming from a certain country in East-Asia...
Can i guess? The country starts with a K.... :)

I've been thinking the same thing for a while. The moment StarCraft is playable, the sales ( off batch 2 ) are going to go out off the roof. The best thing is probably to combine the announcement off batch 2 pre-ordering with the announcement off StarCraft being playable...

Yay, now i'll start looking for my crusader: no remorse cds... here's me hoping.

Benjiro said:
The moment StarCraft is playable, the sales ( off batch 2 ) are going to go out off the roof.
I'd love it to become true but... the minimum system requirements seems to be Pentium 90, windows 95 with directX. So Dosbox wont run it, and since we can't use Wine on arm... Maybe the only chance would be to give a big push to Stargus (a free clone based on Stratagus) (latest news) or Opencraft (based on python + pygame) Neither of which are playable yet.

Yrx said:
Falcon Delta said:
I had that. Why would you ever play that when the original will run fine? :lol:

Meh, I guess because it was one of my very first PC games. Nostalgia basicly.

joseluisjazz said:
Benjiro said:
The moment StarCraft is playable, the sales ( off batch 2 ) are going to go out off the roof.
I'd love it to become true but... the minimum system requirements seems to be Pentium 90, windows 95 with directX. So Dosbox wont run it, and since we can't use Wine on arm... Maybe the only chance would be to give a big push to Stargus (a free clone based on Stratagus) (latest news) or Opencraft (based on python + pygame) Neither of which are playable yet. Stargus is playable, and well worth bringing to Pandora imo. But it's far from complete of course, and development has long been ceased. In my wildest dreams, Pandora would be the catalyst that kicks off development again (under a new team of Pandora community devs perhaps).

I hadn't heard of Opencraft, it looks very promising too. Thanks for the link.

Sorry for being a little late to the party but this is fantastic news! I grew up on Warcraft 2 and the thought of being able to play it (along with a bunch of other classics like One Must Fall 2097, Tyrian, Jazz Jackrabbit, Abuse, C-Dogs, Terminal Velocity, Stargunner, Descent...oh my!) on the Pandora has got me feeling all tingly inside! I was originally planning on canceling my order until I read this news. I can see DOSBOX easily rivaling the SNES & PSX emulators for the most used gaming application on my Pandora :)

Back