Mess Ti-99/4a Help Needed (pc Version)

T

TelcoLou

How the hell do I save my programs in BASIC either to cassette or disk??

I go thru the motions;

>SAVE CS1

.. it then prompts me to rewind the tape, press record, etc ...

But wen I try to check the tape, it states no data found.

I've tried to mount the cassette, but it just starts playing (a transparent bar overlay shows the time counter) ...

Same sad story for my attempts at formatting a new disk using the disk manager cart ...

I've searched in the 'net for damn near 4 hours now ... I'm afraid my project is stone-cold dead unless I get this sorted out :(

Thanks in advance.

Oh, also, I can't save state ... it tells me 'save state failed'

I know this whole thing seems silly and a waste of time to you folks, but it's maddening not being able to get it to work :lol:

*EDIT: Well, I got this functionality to work using the Win994A emulator, so .... now to see if my test file works under gp2Xmess :)

Hiya TelcoLou,

I gotta be honest, I know very little about using the TI99/4a. If the same thing happens with regular MESS than it's a bug w/ the emulation. Sorry you are wasting time on it. :(

As for save states, that I will look into. I didn't even realized it was supported for that system.

~telengard

Thanks for the quick reply! :D

Here's the deal now:

I can get the GP2XMESS to recognize .dsk files from the Win994A emulator, I can mount the disk image, but when I bring up the virtual keyboard; it crashes before I get to type in "OLD DSK1" :lol:

So close!!!

TelcoLou said:
Thanks for the quick reply! :D

Here's the deal now:

I can get the GP2XMESS to recognize .dsk files from the Win994A emulator, I can mount the disk image, but when I bring up the virtual keyboard; it crashes before I get to type in "OLD DSK1" :lol:

So close!!!
Hmm, I mentioned in another thread that I think there is a bug with the virtual keyboard. I haven't been able to reproduce it on my development box, but when typing names for my crew in oregon trail gp2xmess just exits.

I need to look into getting a core file off the gp2x...

~telengard

Last edited by a moderator:
Back