Metal Slug On The Canoo

DJRoby4

Hello, I'm having some problems with metal slug on the caanoo. On mame4all only mslug and mslug2 are recognized and I can't play level 2+ (blocked after level 2 boss). I'm trying with gngeo but every rom I try doesn't work. (even the wiz roms, except mslug5). What I'm doing wrong? Wrong version of gngeo? Can you send me the roms via PM?
Forgive me for my bad english (i'm italian)
Thanks in advance,
Roberto

DJRoby4 said:
Hello, I'm having some problems with metal slug on the caanoo. On mame4all only mslug and mslug2 are recognized and I can't play level 2+ (blocked after level 2 boss). I'm trying with gngeo but every rom I try doesn't work. (even the wiz roms, except mslug5). What I'm doing wrong? Wrong version of gngeo? Can you send me the roms via PM?
Thanks in advance,
Roberto

Hey Roberto.. Metal Slug is kind of a chore to get running correctly and smoothly on Mame or GnGeo..but the wiz romsets for metalslug needed to be optimized and changed for the Caanoo, which has already been done. shoot me an e-mail at zsonance@gmail

Last edited by a moderator:
DJRoby4 said:
Thanks in advance,
Roberto

Hi Roberto,
Download From here http://lostsite.altervista.org/wiz/?page_id=2360 the GnGeo pack.
Emulator + Roms include, ALL Metal Slug!

good luck

Newbie question - would all games for the WIZ (as per link from nnisht) work on the caanoo?

Thanks

Hello, i tried metal slug 1 on the caanoo with gngeo but when there is too muck explosions or ennemies on the screen the framerate goes down and the sound is crappy. What settings are you using to run it perfectly ? (I got worse results with Neo CD)

zapler0 said:
Hello, i tried metal slug 1 on the caanoo with gngeo but when there is too muck explosions or ennemies on the screen the framerate goes down and the sound is crappy. What settings are you using to run it perfectly ? (I got worse results with Neo CD)

Hey man, Metal Slug 001 works the best in GnGeo 0.7.. I usually run the clock up to about 700mhz. turn VSYNC and BUFFERING on as well as DUMP SPRITE. Turning the sound off helps. The game itself always had problems with Lag in the arcade as well,..if you play Metal Slug X, lag is one of the issues they tackled in this version of the game ;)

Good luck!

Thank you for your answer, i didn't know that the arcade version had such lag problems. I'll try your settings.

By the way, do you have a green screen a the launch of a game with GnGeo ?

zapler0 said:
Thank you for your answer, i didn't know that the arcade version had such lag problems. I'll try your settings.

By the way, do you have a green screen a the launch of a game with GnGeo ?

Yeah you'll see that screen when you boot up a NEOGEO cartridge as well, probably has something to do with a color test

Back